tuesday’s girl: girls who wear glasses.

i’ve always been a big fan of writer dorothy parker, and one of her famous quips: “Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.” but i kinda don’t believe that. there are loads of women who look fantastic in glasses. this tuesday’s girl it’s all about the girls in glasses.

asos geeky glasses; grace kelly; marilyn monroe; amanda pearl in matchbook; ghost world; iris apfel; les composantes.

jennifer jason leigh by juergen teller; asos glasses; vintage cateyes; zooey deschanel; and madewell.

• top image viktor vathier.

Comments
19 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: girls who wear glasses.”
  1. So beautiful. I always love seeing glasses on girls – they’re so pretty…I guess I need to pick up a pair myself!!

2. laura evans says:

i totally need a new pair … loving the variety you’ve found, so vintage & cute!

3. Sidney says:

Guys should make passes at girls who wear glasses…

• David says:

I am a Guy and I love GWG (girls wearing glasses). Unfortunately, there’s not many of them around these days. Glasses are very attractive on a girl to me and a lot of my friends. I would Rather hit on and date girls with glasses than girls who don’t. Maybe I am a little weird, but I love girls in glasses.

4. Finally had to get computer glasses since I’m always on the ‘puter. Wasn’t complaining – I love how timeless they look and so many fun frames to pick from these days!

5. charlie says:

Ahhhh the girl in the stripes with the little pup has the best hair, ever! Love!

6. Jennifer says:

Love all this pics! It’s so awesome how shades can completely alter one’s look or personality.

7. Dana Grace says:

Hooray! I’m always excited to see girls with glasses…as I am one every.single.day. Wish it was more budget friendly to have a rotation of frames. Sigh.

8. sécia says:

Sometimes I wish I needed glasses. :(

♥ sécia

9. why have two eyes when you can have four? that’s what i always say anyway…

10. Jessica says:

It’s kinda true that boys don’t make passes at girls that wear glasses, but I think we look pretty freakin’ great!

11. victoria says:

I love this post! I have glasses (more for nighttime/foreign movies) that I tend to forget about. Thanks for the reminder!

12. Thanks Victoria! I just found out that I need glasses so this post is the perfect inspiration! I love them all!

Kacie

13. Jules says:

I don’t think I will ever stop wearing glasses! I love them just too much and I’m actually trying to decide which ones to get next – http://www.wearejules.com/blog/2011/08/crush-list-new-eyeglasses.html

14. Fiona says:

I wear large retro horn rimmed glasses and I love them because my computer screen is huge and I don’t have to move my head around too much – does that make sense?
    Thanks for the inspiration!

15. Vantiani says:

As a lady with vintage glasses since years ago, I LOVE this post.
    Thank you so so much, Victoria.

And I agree with what Sidney said,
    guys should make passes at girls who wear glasses…

16. Kate says:

Specs appeal rules!

17. London says:

glasses are the best. I have about 5 pairs and I never can decide which to wear!