girl crush.

happy wednesday everyone! so, i’d like to begin this installment of “girl crush” by explaining that i also have a bit of an art crush on anyone who knows what they’re doing when it comes to ceramics – hence my feelings for the work of this woman:

oh yes! california based artist amanda smith creates these gorgeous oil paintings on ceramic slabs, and then adds little bits and pieces of sculpted clay, usually in the form of leaves and flowers, to create these stunning pieces. they are a series of beautiful, strange, girly worlds {with fantastic little details, so look closely!} that really should be hanging on my wall :

~ and she finishes it off with a tiny golden apple. ok, this girl crush just became official.

see you soon! ~ the jealous curator xo

Comments
15 Responses to “girl crush.”
  1. Ann says:

I’m crushing too. Those are fascinating. They’re girly but edgy and still really pretty.

2. Kathleen VintageEye says:

These are wonderful! Playful, meaningful & visually captivating!

3. steph says:

These are wonderful!

4. emily says:

Amanda is one of my very favorite artists– the pieces are even more amazing in real life– there is so much depth to them. Buying one of them is the very best purchase I’ve ever made

5. Those are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the introduction…I’m now going to stalk her. ;)

6. Super cute artwork! I love the style and colors and the playful child theme. What fun art, love the combination of the oil paint and ceramic pieces. Very creative!!

7. danielle says:

it makes me so happy when i introduce people to artists they don’t know about… especially when stalking gets involved… then i know i’ve REALLY done my job ; )

8. Crystal says:

Wow, not only are these beautiful, intricate 3D paintings, but they have intriguing stories to them. Makes you look so much deeper at what’s going on.

9. Melissa says:

I LOVE Amanda’s work! I’m just thrilled to see it on here! We used to be neighbors back when we lived in Atherton. She is SO incredibly talented. As is her husband, Casey.

10. Lesley says:

Absolutely stunning work! A lovely palette, feminine yet modern & a bit edgy. Thank you for the introduction! If you’re looking for more artists to crush on, check out my blog, Artsy Forager, http://artsyforager.wordpress.com.

Tons of talent to be found, thanks for showcasing some of it!

11. Sarah Rachel says:

So beautiful & inspiring! I could get lost in these for hours.

12. bex says:

i love how mischievous all those little ladies look. she does really, really beautiful work.

13. i love that too… mischievous/sweet & beautiful/bizarre – such great combinations!

14. Janette mendez says:

Just simply amazing I would buy them… All of them without knowing her… But I have the lucky privilege of knowing this great person who I admire so much!! Wow I didn’t realize how neat her artwork is!!! She is really -really talented … Wow amanda!!! Thank you for sharing your Manu talents with all of us :) love janette