TASK LAMP UPDATE.

okay, so all of a sudden it came to me just how to hang the task lamp. maybe it was just as easy as this along. i hung the task lamp from the photograph above my bed, and i kinda love it. the cord is black, so it blends well with the benjamin moore gravel gray paint color, and it doesn’t fight with the gold gilded wall sconces, and it feels just about right. and, i can read in bed! ah, modern ingenuity!

Comments
22 Responses to “TASK LAMP UPDATE.”
  1. Fab amber lighting. Makes a huge difference. And the dog. I just love that dog!!

2. moxiemandie says:

Victoria-

It’s lovely! I really like your bedroom, too (I promise in a non-stalker way!). So so pretty.

3. natalie says:

it goes perfect – smart thinking!

4. Nashvilledeb says:

That idea is so smart! I just might steal it from you.
    Oh, and Victoria I thought of you when I saw this vintage wallpaper on Etsy. I’m not sure if you need any wallpaper to line any drawers or cabinets, but this looks almost like your sweet Lucy!

5. Leslie says:

I’ve been looking for the perfect paint for my bedroom, and I think this is it! Also, LOVE the photograph! Mind my asking what it is?

6. Kierston says:

Such a great idea…now i just need a picture to hang over my bed.
    By the way, that dog is stealing the show in the picture- so adorable!

7. Will says:

Super cosy – love it!

8. Niki says:

Super cool lamp, love the innovative hanging. That, combined with the gorgeous dog and it would be rude not to spend hours in bed pouring over books!

9. Cathy-Jean says:

Cool photo and love the exposed cord. If you look at your image it is imulating in straight line fashion the cord and photo above the two subjects heads! Or from my vantage point it looks like it anyway!

10. Melanie says:

Nice idea, Victoria. It looks great!

11. kimberly says:

i did a similar thing with bedside lamps for our bedroom (except, rather than finding vintage, i opted for the clamp lamps at home depot for $5 each) and to put them up, I found stainless steel straps from home depot that I was able to bend at a 90° angle and screwed them to the wall. Works pretty well, and we’re able to adjust the angle/placement of the lamp for light, reading, etc.

12. I just love that! Looks like something my stepmom (an interior designer) would have done!

Kacie

13. grace says:

Victoria, I love the wall color! Where did you get that lamp? I love it.

14. victoria says:

thanks!

i got it here, from my sponsor: MCMF http://www.midcenturymodernfinds.com/

15. Sarah B says: