sunday in the city.

i haven’t shared many sundays in the city lately…i guess i’ve been kinda busy! but here’s a few snaps from around san francisco’s mission district this week. i always love the gritty neon signs, exotic murals and worn out old buildings. i’m not sure why – they’re kind of colorful in their own way, though. here’s a look.

Comments
17 Responses to “sunday in the city.”
  1. This looks amazing! So bright and colourful. San Francisco is a place I would really love to visit!

2. Heather says:

Thanks for bringing it back! I love seeing the city through your eyes! and trying to figure out where the picture was taken! ;)

3. tracy says:

love the 99cent/Hunts pic. So graphic & fun!

4. krista says:

Love this post. I definitely don’t spend enough time in the Mission…great photographs <3

5. Hannah B. says:

Gorgeous! I especially *love* the Beauty Bar!

6. victoria says:

thanks you guys! it’s been so sunny and nice, it was good to get out and stroll around with my camera! :)

7. Jennifer says:

I worked in the Mission for one summer back in college. It was lovely. This pics bring back so many fun memories!

8. Beautiful colors! Makes me want to book a flight for me and my camera and stroll through San Francisco!

9. Julie says:

Hi V, These colorful photos are wonderful! I used to live in San Francisco and your photos always bring back great memories about the city that stole my heart!!! (although the Mission was very different back then) Many thanks to you!!! :)

10. katherine says:

i forget how interesting typography is! Thanks for this post!

11. love the beauty bar! i can say from experience that the manicures are more novelty than actual nail care, but it was fun to get my nails painted with a cocktail in hand!

12. Will says:

Hurrah. Always makes me happy to see this series, especially when it’s packed full of these lovely blue and orange hues!

13. I love-love-love these signs! I lived in San Francisco for 6 weeks this summer to do radiation for breast cancer and fell in love with the city! The Mission District is absolutely fantastic. I also adore the grittiness that is omnipresent there.
    I’m a big fan of your blog!
    Hollye Jacobs

14. you should make postcards out of those pictures! Just beautiful!

15. Kristen says:

These photos are my favorite part of your blog. More, please! :)