it’s all in the details.

todd selby (my personal hero) has a new home tour up, and i couldn’t help but notice his focus on the small details. this is the very fabulous new york home of Michael Hainey – writer, artist and editor and Brooke Cundiff – director of merchandise for Park and Bond, and it’s clear the two have impeccable taste and an eye for the perfect vintage finds – from chandeliers to the unique way she displays her shoes, i love every inch of it.

Comments
22 Responses to “it’s all in the details.”
  1. Great style! I love the shoe storage.

2. The shoes in the glass book case, and the books out, and stacked up and touchable.
    This is my kind of place.
    Cheers! -Teri

3. The suitcase and bookcase = lives lived. Love them.

4. Is that a SHOE WARDROBE!!!!! That is so fabulous! I love that.

Kacie

5. nicole says:

wowza!! i haven’t seen this one, thank you for sharing it!! i seriously want to jump into that bed. and needless to say, her shoe cabinet is a show-stopper! headed over to the Selby now to see what else i need to catch up on & hopefully see some extras of this magical home. oxo

6. judith b. says:

All of the above…plus the lace-up black leather Everlast pouf!!! Love the cheekiness of that item too!

7. I need to get me a wardrobe to hold my shoes like that! Down right amazing!

8. i, too, love how the selby captures all the details!

9. Doug Miller says:

The black thing with laces is not a pouf, I think: it appears to be an old-fashioned “medicine ball” that Everlast sold for decades. I haven’t been to the Everlast website to confirm, but as the owner of three Everlast medicine balls, I feel pretty confident. The house is gorgeous, BTW.

10. Alex says:

That black cabinet with shoes. I’m dying!!! soo good!!!!!
    THANKS!
    Alex

11. Marija says:

Just noticed the contest with Room 6. Would love,love,love to win the Orla bag :)

12. victoria says:

coming up tomorrow morning!

13. Ann Lanari says:

Oooo….I love learning of new blogs to follow. Yours is another winner on my list. Thanks to Megan at Room 6!

14. TieDye64 says:

What a wonderful space and I’m so into the cool details. And the shooooooooes! The shoe display! Aw man, gotta wipe the drool off my laptop.

15. Sophia says:

Oh wowww. That is the most amazing shoe display idea ever. Those shots are truly stunning. Is this your flat or is this inspiration? If it is your flat, I’d like to move in asap! <3

16. not sure which is more stunning – these beautiful vignettes or your incredible photographs. love, love, love it!

17. Starlet says:

Two things that immediately caught my eyes: books and shoes!! LOVEEE how they “scattered” the books everywhere but they look good! Of course, the shoe display is just nauseatingly enviable item of the day ;-)

18. Ali says:

Awesome shoe display!!

19. Margarita says:

I can see why u like the style so much, chic and different, like the black cabinet to store the shoes.