vintage finds for a modern world: marcus hay.

i’ve seen the work of creative stylist marcus hay around for a long time. you probably have, too — in magazines like real simple and food and wine. his work can be simple and quite lovely, but i especially love some of his more eclectic interiors, like these displaying lots of vintage accessories, and always a favorite of mine — the vintage portrait paintings. i love marcus’ pairings of unexpected prints, and his quirky little galleries and collections. for more of marcus hay’s work, visit his website, and his blog, fluff ‘n stuff.

Comments
15 Responses to “vintage finds for a modern world: marcus hay.”
  1. Tanya says:

I absolutely adore the office in the bottom blue photo. I want it!

2. I love the styling in the bedrooms, gorgeous.

3. I love his collections! Would be so fun to go treasure hunting with him BUT while I do love vintage portrait paintings and once had a floor to ceiling wall of them {all under $10} – in our guest room, it started to get very crowded in there, if you know what I mean. {Those portrait paintings carry with them A LOT of energy} xo Samantha

4. I love the old doors. They are just like the doors in the old farmhouse I grew up in. Of course, they weren’t fashionable, we were just poor. They’re probably still there.

5. Stunning collections. They have such personality.

6. Shannon says:

Oh, I am so in love with all of these. The color, the arrangements – muah!

7. Di says:

Love this house! I saw you were listed in the Sunday Telegraph’s Style Magazine Stella here in the UK a couple of weeks ago – in their article on the 20 Best Interior Blogs – well done!!

8. Mo says:

I love the dark blue walls in the bottom left picture. That is a gorgeous shade of blue.

9. Very beautiful frames collection :)) Like them all!
    thank for share!

10. Great designs! i like that style of frames, also very well decorated!

11. Sara says:

OMG I love the doors as decor instead of their usual intended purpose.

12. Marcus Hay says:

Thanks so much Victoria, It is great to be featured here on your wonderful blog, I am so glad you love my Interiors, While I am currently branching out from just Editorial and Catalog work and now am working on some clients homes in NYC, Most of them I confess are actually my own place!, As you say..while I am known for my graphic simple approach with commercial work, My home is really where I let loose! : ) Thanks all for the encouraging comments everybody! Best, Marcus.