i spy: hibernation.

it’s chilly and gray here today, and the thanksgiving holiday is winding down, so i guess i’m really beginning to feel that wintery, homey hibernation coming on. it’s time to find good books to read, some crafty indoor projects, and really layer up with cozy sheepskins and warm fuzzy throws. so today, i spy some homey hibernation!

winter frost via trine thorsen; a russian souvenir trinket, via the locals; and Clay Antler Mobile inspired by the Black Forest from artisane europe.

one very cozy bedroom via lily; and a very wintery living room via matt albiani.

clockwise, l to r: a lovely mobile-like collection from eldrids; comfy sheepskin throw from black sheep white light; black & white wintery prints and a branch as headboard from eldrids; gray and white bedroom via photographer trine thorsen; and a wonderful chalkboard recipe board via photographer john cullen.

i’d like to lounge about in this bedroom reading all day long (above), and then invite friends over for a home-cooked meal in this dining room (below), via trine thorsen (via the style files).

christmas display via tine k blog; eat drink & enjoy via lily; and another cozy spot to curl up via vtwonen.

• top image via riazzoli.

Comments
23 Responses to “i spy: hibernation.”
  1. I agree wholeheartedly. Hibernation mode is in full effect over here as well!

Lovely images.

2. Will says:

London is feeling chilly today so this cosy post has come at the perfect time. So wish I had an open fire in my flat!

3. LITTLE CHIEF says:

this post is exquisite as always! your aesthetic is unmatched. we love sfgirlbybay. : )

4. lovely post! I especially love the christmas display with the pewter and black.

5. Katie says:

that last photo really evokes a warm feeling, especially juxtaposed against snow outside the full window. amazing!

6. Emma says:

Well, if I wasn’t in full hibernation mode already, I am now!!! I just want to crawl into these pictures and snuggle up. Curated to perfection!
    Emma x

7. i wish i never had to leave my warm bed in the winter. i am a big wimp when it comes to cold weather, so homey hibernation fits me just right. these images are so cozy!

8. jenn says:

i can’t wait until we reach hibernation weather here in the south. as of today it’s still 70 degrees. come on winter!

9. I like the idea of that bushel of branches nailed to the wall. cool 3D art!

10. Wow I am absolutely loving this post… I was just thinking my feet are so cold.. sitting in the kitchen… behind my laptop for an hour or so.. You make me want to take out all blankets .. throw them on the couch.. lighten candles … or just cuddle up in bed with hot thee and magazines..

Great post ,, yummie stuff and pictures , desiree

11. These are the colours of hibernation…. I loved the first photo – it has the smell of winterdays!

12. Angie S. says:

Oh I am envious of your weather…down here in LA we rarely get those cool “hot chocolate” kind of days. I used to live in Colorado where you could count on being snowed at least once a Winter.

If you are cozying up with a book may I suggest the new Diane Keaton memoir, “Then Again”? I could not put it down – very inspirational to both mothers and daughters.

Stay warm up there!

13. Wonderful post as always, I looove the Clay Antler Mobile!

14. victoria says:

so glad you all liked the post – i’m just enjoying a little down time after the holiday, i think – and the idea of hanging out in one of these rooms just really appealed to me! :)

15. If my mouth could water after looking at a blog post, it would be happening right now. Love! x

16. Mo says:

Wow, gorgeous. I love it all. Not sure why, but I’m so drawn to these crisp, clean rooms.

17. PM says:

Hi,

Any idea where we can find the lovely wire antler in the dining room?

18. victoria, this is my favorite post of yours ever.
    lovely culling of beautiful images.

makes me long for a wood stove. *sigh*

19. Melanie says:

Wow, Victoria. This post is beautiful. The images seem like they’re made to go together. At first glance I honestly thought that you were giving us a sneak peek of some new fabulous magazine! Hope your ankle is feeling better! xo

20. Robyn says: