girl crush.

sigh – i love this artist, and every single thing that she chooses to paint – and, i’ll bet that you guys are going to have a girl crush on her too! ready?

toronto based holly farrell is one of my favorite artists – ever! a few months after i wrote about her for the first time, i was lucky enough to meet her in person. not only is she insanely talented, she is also soooo sweet! don’t you love it when that happens!? anyway, it’s very easy to have an art crush on her, thanks to her vintage subject matter, her muted color choices, her unbelievable painting skills, and of course, her just-mentioned sweetness! Have a look:

gah! so lovely! i have so many favorite pieces that it took me forever to decide which one to start the post with, but i knew exactly how to finish things off. this may very well be my latest “holly farrell” fave!

love that cozy little hat! oh, and one more little tidbit to share with you – i’m thrilled to say that i’m curating a group show this spring (details to come soon!) and holly is one of the artists! so excited! i’ll keep you posted – until then, i’ll see you back her in two weeks ~ the jealous curator xo

Comments
17 Responses to “girl crush.”
  1. Katie says:

THESE ARE PAINTINGS?! Oh my word. They look so lifelike and amazing! Wow. I officially have a girl crush now too

2. Julie says:

Absolutely amazing…they look so real, I really had to look at the TV painting to see that it wasn’t a photograph. Thanks for sharing these!!

3. JoAnna says:

I love the set of mug paintings – too cute!

4. kim says:

my goodness, that is some TALENT.

5. amy says:

oh my gosh, i love her work! i *knew* she had to be canadian, based on her subject matter!
    i’d never heard of her and i really hope she’ll show again locally. thank you!

6. she is so talented! i always love her furniture pieces, but that precious hat is just the cutest and perfect for this time of year.

7. kim west says:

a new favorite artist- thanks for showing this work!!

8. Jennifer says:

I thought they were photographs too! She is immensely talented. I would love to be able to buy one, or at least oogle at them in person. It looks like she has several for sale or on display at art galleries all over the country, even in Austin! Thanks for posting about her!

9. Erika says:

Adorable work ! i thought they were pictures !!!!! Merci pour la découverte !!!

10. These are so pretty and fanTABulous!! Thank you so much for the introduction to her work. So now I just HAVE to feature her on Artsy Forager, with a credit to you, of course, dear JC! ;-)

11. Oh, so glad you all love her work as much as I do! She is showing all over the US and Canada (and actually has a big show in Tokyo this coming March) – they’re even more fantastic in person!

12. Melissa says:

Absolutely inspired and in love with each of Holly’s paintings! And she is good ol’ Canadian girl too!

13. hi again… just found out that Holly will be at an opening in Chicago tomorrow night (saturday the 9th) if you want to meet her and see her work up close!
    here’s the info:
    zia gallery in winnetka (chicago), saturday dec 9th, between 5pm and 7:30pm.

14. Jennifer says:

Total girl crush. Such an amazing talent!

15. erica p. says:

These are great! Maybe one day she will sell prints…I’m afraid that’s the only way I could afford to own one of her pieces!