the road to morocco.

west elm’s spring line is on its way and should be in stores January or early February, and i do believe they are channeling the road to morocco. these look like magic carpets you could drift away on, daydreaming yourself off to an exotic port of call. west elm’s new ethnic inspired rugs range in styles from a classic Moroccan Berber Rugs to the Patchwork Cadiz Rug in India Ink. the Aquamarine collection is inspired by the ever changing colors of the sea. ahhh, take me away…

UPDATE: The bulk of the new 2012 spring collection will be available in early January. The Morocco collection is being phased in later on in the season and will be in stores and online in mid-to-late February.

Comments
22 Responses to “the road to morocco.”
  1. Giulia says:

Uhhh, love the shades of blue. Now that they deliver to Canada maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a rug? I find it sooooo hard to make up my mind though…

2. Rowena says:

What sumptuous colors and patterns! West Elm is really giving us something to look forward to.

3. Anna says:

Just what I was looking for! Have been desperate for some warm, colorful rugs — do you know when they’ll be available, Victoria? I couldn’t find them on the website…

4. Cathy Jean says:

I’ve been inspired by Moroccan ever since the movie Performance with Mick Jagger and Anita Pallenberg. One of the best movie sets ever! (Great Movie as well.).. Loving the ottomans. Might have to get me one of those runners in red and put it on back of the sofa. So pretty and the hand towels are cool too. Great choice Victoria. PS. Saw you in style section this week-end!

5. staci says:

forget the rugs – I’m dying to get my hands on that coffee table sitting on top of the blue rug! love!

6. Sara says:

I’m loving the Aquamarine collection! It will be here just in time for my birthday :) Happy Birthday to meee!

7. Deeyn says:

Wow West Elm. Really cool. I am definitely seeing a little ABC carpet Aquasilk inspiration in these over dyed rugs. I really love how West Elm has evolved from a super modern clean lined furniture company into a warm, eclectic and affordable home decor resource.

8. Mia says:

Gorgeous rugs! Love the redish striped ones, it’s just what I’m after! And glad I read the comments – I will stalk their site the first week of Jan! :)

9. sonia says:

West Elm continues its awesomness

10. pixie says:

Oh wow! I have been looking for a rug for the past few months and I want something colorful. I’m totally going to wait for these to come out and look at them. Love those blues and greens!

11. Do we really have to wait until February?!!?! :)

The striped rug at the top will look fantastic underneath my refurbished farmhouse table in my kitchen!

Thanks for the heads-up!

12. Aaron says:

Hi!  I work for West Elm and wanted to clarify the dates these will be available. The bulk of the new 2012 spring collection will be available in early January. The Morocco collection is being phased in later on in the season and will be in stores and online in mid-to-late February.

Thanks for all the kind words! All of us at West Elm are excited about all the newness!

13. Vivian says:

I think its really bad that you show only positive posts and remove the negative ones. How onesided and unrealistic!!!!!!!

• victoria says:

vivian, i can honestly say i am fortunate not to have many negative comments at all here, and when they are meant as constructive criticism i leave them up for all to read. yours just sounded rather angry, it’s not what i’m interested in having going on here. there are plenty of blogs where rants are welcome, but this just isn’t one of them. sorry.

14. kayte says:

oooh, the neutral ones with the diamonds look very similar to a rug i have been coveting from anthro but they are much cheaper! thanks!