aftermath.

i let a few people loose with chalk at my new year’s eve party. first time the virginal chalkboard wall has been chalked up. i like it. thanks friends.

• sources: rust-oleum black chalkboard paint; vintage knoll saarinen table; pink eames chairs from modernica; vintage and anthropologie candlesticks; clock from crate & barrel outlet; shanna murray wall decal; brookyn rehab porcelain branch; camilla engman print from sebastian foster; oh darling, let’s be adventurers by fife du vie.

Comments
26 Responses to “aftermath.”
  1. Flora says:

A friend in college had a wall where everyone could write on it. It was so fun to read funny comments and remember what they were from. I’m definitely painting a wall with chalkboard paint in my next apartment.

2. Nicole says:

This is a great way to document the morning after. I love these photos. I have chalkboard stickers on two cupboards and I find there just isn’t enough room!

3. Mariela says:

Great idea!, looks really fun. Have a lovely day!.

4. homestilo says:

The wall looks great {& it looks like your friends have a great sense of humor}

5. Tanya says:

I love it! Looks so dressed up like that. Or actually dressed down, but in a fun casual way.

6. marni says:

i’ve wanted a chalkboard wall for so long and now i think i may dive in and do it! love the shanna murray decal and the way you dressed it up with a clock and such.

7. Stephanie says:

We have black walls in our guest bathroom (not chalkboard paint) and had a little mishap with it last Halloween when our friends drew all over it with chalk. It was my fault, I left a piece of chalk laying around. It took a good 3 washes to get off all the party graffiti. Totally worth it though cause the photos were hilarious.

8. Cathy Jean says:

Your friends and kitchen are cool. I love how you play with light.

9. That looks amazing especially with all the wall art!

10. This is AWESOME! I’m pleasantly surprised that there isn’t anything any more off color on there :) You have classy friends!

11. Melissa says:

That is just pure awesomeness!!!

12. Chaucee says:

This is hilarious & adorable. They have some interesting things to say! :D

13. leaca says:

Love that wall and that adventurous print my daughter could use. Her focus word this year is adventurous.

14. how fun is that!
    love the jay-z lyric on your wall.
    whoever wrote it needs this shirt:

happy new year!

15. Mo says:

I love it. Do you remember who wrote they were from Canada? Just curious.

16. Loving this.. ! Happy new year ;)
    desiree

17. leslie says:

these are so great that i want to see *everything* they wrote. please?

18. LynnB says:

Someone clearly awesome was quoting The National. “I’m a festival. I’m a parade.”

19. Alexa says:

Oh that’s awesome. And you can remember things that you perhaps might not have. ;)

20. lily darger says:

I admire your boldness at having a black wall. It is stunning.

Won’t it hurt a little to finally wash away all those inscriptions?

21. Jen says:

Happy New Year, friend. Thanks for being such an awesome lady! xo

22. That is the best way to remember a fabulous New Year’s Eve and the great people you shared it with! Could be a little risky too but looks like your friends held it together…at least from what we see ;) Happy New Year!

23. Looks like a fun party! I have a massive chalkboard canvas on the wall- you’ve reminded me that it needs updating!

24. Camilla E says:

So nice to see the print on your wall!