well, kids. we’re officially back. i was almost back yesterday because i never got the memo (ahem!) that it was a holiday. i must terminate someone immediately. oh wait, that would be me. i should keep up on these things a bit better. alas, i digress. blame it on the holiday fog surrounding the hemisphere of my head. but i feel like i need to say something. say the quiet thoughts loud, with the hope that saying them out loud to you the readers, may perhaps give me the gumption to actually follow said resolutions. so, without further ado:
• do the crazy untried and true stuff. like paint your house polka dotted (via life magazine). ask “why not?” much more often.
• live wholeheartedly and with Vulnerability and a lack of fear. fear holds me back. i don’t want to be held back from the things that are important to me because i’m afraid. i saw this ted talk with brene brown and thought it was magical.
• find connection with creative people that inspire and encourage me. collaborate with them on amazing projects. hang out, be social. let people in.
• ride my bike more. be outside instead of inside on the computer so much. you can’t make your computer do cool things for you, if you don’t know what wonderful things are out there to share.
• loads of little stuff that doesn’t matter here. if i do these larger things, the smaller stuff should fall into place.
• all in all, just take a little bit better care of me. feed myself whole meals, not ones i stand in front of the fridge to eat. take time to enjoy what i do have, and work harder at accumulating less. i don’t think i need all this stuff.
that’s where i’m gonna start.
what are you gonna do?