thank you west elm.

if y’all have received your west elm catalog in the mail this month, you may have noticed some familiar faces and spaces. lucy and i are featured in the current west elm catalog (and their blog front & main) and she looks great as always — damn that girl! the lovely folks at west elm came over for the day, asked me to style up the place and show off my parson’s desk. then, they shot a little behind the scenes.

i’d like to also say, i think it’s super awesome and ahead of the competition to show all my own pieces mixed in with west elm products. normally, you might see just ‘product’ in a catalog and this was so refreshing, to show how their pieces can mix so well with your own. so if you’ve got your catalog, take a peek and say hi to me and lucy!

Comments
59 Responses to “thank you west elm.”
  1. Lucy is a cutie! I really like your space- love the colours used.

2. Angel Y. says:

You’re gorgeous and Lucy is so adorable! Congrats on the feature :) I cannot get enough of your office space. So amazing!

3. Inspiring photos from your home! And I like your kaftan too :-) (I took a look over at West Elm’s blog…)

4. Saw it and loved it! Love that chair and your bright pops of color :)

5. Alanna says:

Looks so good. Congrats Victoria.

6. I was looking through my catalog and saw the large photo first, before seeing you and Lucy, and I thought to myself “that room looks pretty familiar” and I had to double check that I was looking at the west elm catalog and not a magazine or something! I then looked over and saw your photo! Congrats, it looks lovely!

7. audrey says:

Ha! I was thinking exactly what Amy said.
    Makes me appreciate West Elm even more for featuring you and your inspiring home!

8. Tina says:

Great interview, Victoria! Your home is lovely, and the photographs make it very inviting! West Elm, so cool!

9. FuN!
    i hope to get my catalog today :)
    Amy

10. kathy says:

congratulations to you and lucy on the “west elm” feature … well-deserved; your place is beautiful!

kathy

11. pam says:

congratulations! i received my catalog this weekend and it was a nice surprise!

12. Melanie says:

I was so excited to see you in West Elm! Your place is so beautiful.

13. Evita says:

I was so stoked to see you in the WE catalog and checked to see if I’d missed a post. Congrats, it looked awesome! ♥

14. victoria says:

THANKS, Y’ALL SO MUCH! :)

15. Jules says:

your place looks amazing! congrats on being featured in the WE catalog – i’ll look out for it!

16. Bernie Wong says:

I picked up the catalog at the store the other day and loved the feature! Your place looks wonderful!

17. kelly says:

Whoa that pink Eiffel Eames is killing me! Nice Victoria! Congrats.

18. Wow Victoria! This is awesome! Your place looks amazing.

19. ashley g says:

Oh! That is AMAZING! And since the day I saw the rug under “new” things I have been obsessed (amazon wish list, wedding registry…the whole deal) I haven’t gotten the new catalog but can’t wait! My favorite space to lust after and my favorite store : )

20. nicole says:

wowza! that is too cool. funny enough, i don’t get the catalog, i just stalk the website. so now i had to go and request the catalog :) you are such a home decor supa star! love it! congrats, and you are so right about mixing their goodies with your own. especially b/c i believe that West Elm in particular has some simple yet beautiful accents that can play up existing more unique items in our homes. and actually, this rug is quite a steal of a deal compared to similar styles from Anthropologie that i’ve been drooling over for the past year or so. i might just have to take the plunge. ps. Lucy is the bee’s knees! oxo

21. Vale says:

Who is Lucy, if you don’t mind me asking?

22. Vale says:

Oh, never mind! She’s your dog :)

23. esther says:

How exciting! Congratulations, your place looks great! So inspiring.

24. Cathy Jean says:

Very nice pad and nice spread on your interior and design skills! How many square feet do you have out of curiosity??

25. Cathy Jean says:

P.S. Am also very inspired by your chalk board “Do What You Love Or Don’t Do It”
    Amen to that!

26. Hijiri says:

yay, Vic!! I got my catalog in the mail and am keeping it!! You and Lucy look fabulous and so does your space as always!!! xoxo

27. racheldenbow says:

Gorgeous, Victoria! It’s always fun to see your space through someone else’s eyes (lens), isn’t it!

28. you look fabulous (that caftan!) and so does your home. it continues to inspire! plus LUCY is a BEAUT!

29. By the way…I was just looking at pics of Lucy on Kiss My Mutt (which i found out about from your blog) and I’m wondering how you ever leave the house! It must be hard with that little love laying around!

30. katrina says:

just finished reading reading the west elm feature and admiring all the pics in your home tour. i’m thinking: WOW. WOW. WOW. i’m swooning over your home style and gorgeous space!

also, i’m amazed how anna dorfman captured your aesthetic and applied it to sfgirlbybay. your blog and homes match to a tee. it’s truly uncanny.

31. victoria! i thought the same thing when the catalog came: wow, west elm. you are showing off gorgeous rooms with stuff that’s not even available from you–you go!

congrats to you. after reading your blog for so long, it feels like one of my friends just became a covergirl!

michele

32. Jill says:

So neat! Off to find that catalog!

33. honeydonthink says:

Bravo Victoria – yet another amazing makeover! I love how you’ve repurposed the Parson’s table from entryway to desk to office over the years – a great classic piece for all of your own personal touches (the sign of a good basic furnishing paired with an imaginative designer).

34. Molly says:

Congratulations Victoria! It looks amazing! Question: where did you get that little cabinet under your desk where your printer sits? I have a Parsons desk as well and have been looking for something similar to solve my printer solution. Thanks!

• victoria says:

thank you molly! that’s a LACK shelf from Ikea, and I added wheels to it so I could roll it around. I got the wheels at Ikea, too. It was quite simple! :)

• JenniferHope says:

Hi Victoria, I LOVE your space. I am trying to recreate your desk/printer storage. Do you recall which LACK piece you bought? Size wise? Thanks so much!!

35. cait says:

love your place! could you post the picture of your fireplace on here as well? i love how you store wine in it and want to save this for future inspiration! (doesn’t work on the westelm blog as it’s in slideshow format) – thanks!

36. congratulations on the feature! i’ll definitely be on the lookout when the catalogue arrives in the mail. :)

37. TieDye64 says:

A couple of gorgeous blondes, and gotta love Lucy. Great feature. Congrats!

38. mona says:

I love your white shag rug…and the dressform as a coatrack..very ingenius..

Mona

39. shannon says:

i love the black and gold picture of the market cable car! where did you get that? your place is so cute!

• victoria says:

shannon, that’s a painting my parents bought in 1969 from a grocery store parking lot art show. when i moved to san francisco they gave it to me as a gift. :)

40. Melissa says:

Hi Victoria,
    I love how you hung your pictures from clips on a wire above your desk. I was curious if this was a kit?

41. Ella says:

Hi Victoria,
    I’ve found your lovely blog through west elm…. and what a GREAT FIND! ;)
    I absolutely LOVE your place!
    I was wondering where did you find the white tulip chair and the rug (on it) in your office?
    Thanks!

42. Sara says:

All of the chairs/cushions in your dining room are gorgeous! I love the pink! Where did you get them? I’ve been looking for pretty pink chairs for a while.

43. Tara says:

WOW, congratulations on this great feature in the WE catalog! Can you tell me, in the photo with the Parsons dining table, you have some white chairs with white flowered cushions. Where did you find the white chairs?