in my dreams, i live here: berlin.

last time i dreamed of living elsewhere it was new york city. this week, i’m feeling a hankering to up and transport myself to berlin. it’s on the top of my ‘it places’ to visit and sites like freunde von freunden with their home tours of berlin’s most creative residents just increase my curiosity ten-fold. so today, i’m moving to berlin. at least in my dreams…

when i live here, i’m probably going to be a wildly talented photographer (it’s a dream, right?), so i’m going to have a nice home studio office to work from. i’ve decided it will look like this, via alvhem.

i like these minimalist bookshelves via lonny. anna at door sixteen is building some, and i cannot wait to see them completed. i’ll have a cool floor lamp like this one from the home of architects Edwina and Eddie Glenn, via the design files; and just to mix things up a bit, i’d like a vintage leather sofa like this one via the selby.

it won’t be a large place, but it will have lots of unusual nooks, so i think i’ll build out a little loft space for the bedroom, like this one via beautiful home.

i’ll be really proud and happy to be a berliner, so i’ll hang this print via items by design bird; and i’ll ride a bike everywhere, but there won’t be a good place to keep my bike outside, so i’ll decorate around it inside, via the design files; i’ll keep accessories to a minimum so it’s uncluttered and functional, like these photographed for d home by jamie laubhan-oliver.

and there may not be room for a full dining room, but a cute little nook liked this from bolig will work just fine; with a lovely little subway tiled white kitchen like this photographed by paul massey; i’ll shop local at farmer’s markets and specialty shops, eating fresh food daily, via freunde von freunden.

neon berlin sign.

Comments
33 Responses to “in my dreams, i live here: berlin.”
  1. Tina says:

Your blog just gets better and better. I look forward to it every day. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. Chelsea says:

Oh, I love Berlin. The city has so much energy. And I love your plans for it! Great dream. xo

3. harold says:

As someone who just got here last week for my 3 month residency, I say do it!

4. Amanda says:

I love the lofted bedroom area! Such a unique and vibrant space you’ve dreamed up. Can I be your dream flatmate?

5. Sophia says:

Don’t dream it…do it. Berlin is quite affordable in terms of finding a place to stay. I rented a studio flat this past summer via VRBO in the mitte area and it was only 500 euros for a week. It was super and I want to go back.

6. Allison says:

I love this feature! So inspirational! I wish I could live absolutely everywhere for just a week, but lately I’m especially drawn to Montreal, Beijing, Florence & of course always Paris!

7. Aarean says:

holy cow…can i be in your dreams?!? ha I love this space!

xoxo
    Aarean

p.s. come check out my THEIT camera bag giveaway…I think you’d totally like it indeed!

8. Isa says:

I echo the other commenters- don’t just dream it, do it :) I visited Berlin a few months back to talk at the Hello Ety conference they held there. I was blown away by how creative and hip everyone was! I was only there for a weekend but hope to find time to visit again this year. Berlin is definitely a must! I love the inspirational photos you picked out.

9. @Isa – I was there for Hello Etsy too! Talk about an impressive and cool city.
    Victoria – All you need is your laptop, right? :)

10. victoria says:

i am hoping to make a visit very soon. i have some plans in the works. one never knows – you visit somewhere and you find yourself fitting right in! berlin seems like that kind of place. so creative!

11. In my dreams, I am your roommate. : ) Let’s plan a trip to Berlin!!

12. SO lovely program… why don’t try to do elsewhere… just where you live now… I’m sure you’ll be talented in it!! Enjoy & let’s share…

13. Just beautiful. Follow your dreams!! Berlin is one the the MOST amazing places ever. Xx

14. Nika says:

Oh, the second picture…I would love to have a workshop like this, just instant love. One awesome post, loving everything, oh and wooden floor. Beautiful.

15. Yay, Berlin is my hometown. Lovely to see it featured so nicely on your beautiful blog.
    Lots of greetings from a Berliner living in London :-)
    Nadine

16. Elisheva says:

Crazy amazing…Well done. Going to visit Berlin again next month! :)

17. homestilo says:

Great images- and an amazing city (wouldn’t mind spending a little extra quality time there myself)

18. machenblog says:

We have friends in Berlin, it’s like an adopted city to us. Also, a big plus– the food is the best and most varied in Germany. I know a great place for California style burritos ;)

19. lori says:

mmf. Berlin. Yes please.

20. Fiona says:

Sublime space, I love it!
    i dream about Berlin too…

21. Laura says:

I LOVE this series! so inspiring, I posted a link to it on my website. and I love daydreaming about where I would live in cool places around the world. Thank you for the inspiration!!

22. What a great post! I’m in love with that loft picture. It’s perfect and the stairs are perfect for my shoes ;)

23. dream on…PLEASE. so much inspiration when you do, victoria.

smiles.

michele

24. Cheri says:

Miss V — If you haven’t read this book, it will totally add great detail to your berlin dreams. plus, ya know, the cover is cool: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780465026326

25. mona says:

Victoria, you are so talented! I loved your new living room so much that I posted it on my blog. You can be a photographer!

I’m visiting my sister in Hamburg Germany this spring. My Uncle lives in Berlin so I must visit him after reading this post! You really should go to Germany, they pay so much attention to detail – great design everywhere!!! Dream on girl!

26. Melanie says:

I want to visit Berlin SO MUCH. I’m hoping to have a chance to visit my friend in Hamburg in December, as well as visit my husband’s friend in Cologne and go to Berlin. I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it this year, but surely I can make it happen in 2013!

I love this photo that my friend took when he was there. I know there’s tons of amazing contemporary art there and I want to see it!

27. Cathy Jean says:

What a space! My luck I would fall down those stairs, but love the photo of the girl standing on a chair. I like your motto: “I’ll shop locally at Farmer’s Markets and Specialty Shops!

28. oh, that studio is just so staged…….a working artist creates such a wonderful creative mess….lol…… people need to see more a space that shows how an artist works…..

29. Fosci says:

this is my first visit to your blog and i’m in love with it already. that second pic, the studio, i’d be dreaming of that one too, love it!