breakfast club.

i’ve been wishing hard for a new kitchen lately. a bright, light pretty place to eat my breakfast each morning, like this one from light locations. i like my kitchen all right, but the 1930’s yellow and burgandy tiles really put a damper on how i can decorate it. i long for fresh crisp white subway tiles and open shelving…perhaps cabinets with glass doors so you can peek in and see my dishware collection. fun black & white checkered floors, and accents too. anyway, a girl can only hope. here’s maybe what i’d do…

i have loved this little checkerboard tray forever, via rue magazine — i think you can find them at fog linen; a large black vintage sideboard could be striking with all that white; i’d love a little nook to sit with my laptop like lucy chadwick’s via the selby; and a sweet side table via light locations; lovely ceramic cups via le dans la; and chemex coffee is the only way to go if you’ve got the time, via design*sponge.

this turned foot dining room cabinet from west elm is quite nice for displaying all your pretty dishes, too.

one very sweet nook via family living. love the black & white striped cushions.

a beautiful norwegian kitchen photographed by Mary Beth Koeth, via desire to inspire.

i think i need this bon jour print to greet me each morning, too — from edu’s etsy shop.

two very lovely little kitchens from light locations; these vintage cups from oh leander are super cute for my morning coffee; and man, on man i want this piawallén cross tray to serve coffee on.

Comments
27 Responses to “breakfast club.”
  1. Funkytime says:

i love the Norwegian kitchen, if you look closely, you see the really nice details like the antlers and the beautiful shelf!

2. i love the thought of a white kitchen but I love the feel of a kitchen with warm color.
    It just feels cozy and like home.
    If I have to be in my kitchen, i hate to cook, then I want to feel warm and inviting. :)
    Amy

3. LITTLE CHIEF says:

this post makes me want to paint all my floors a pretty pearl grey (and have a second breakfast.)

4. That little breakfast nook with the striped cushions is sooooo perfect! What a lovely place to wind down (or up)!

Kristina

5. Alexa says:

Loving it…love the checkered look and that adorable little print! How adorable!

6. Grumble Girl says:

Oh, I love that antique armoire so much… and the more modern looking one with the turned legs is also divine. We need to build some kind of banquette seating in out kitchen (we’ve only been wanting to do this for about 8 years…) and I do believe Ikea cabinet boxes will be my huckleberry in the end. With an ultra-fab upholstered seating pad and cushions, of course. *swoons*

I love dreaming. I love your dreams in this space too, lady. Nice finds!!

7. christine says:

SOOO much Light! I love it!

8. I love the white, tan and black! There is SO much you can do with those colors. Haha, don’t wish for a new kitchen too hard… I did and I’ve been kitchen-less since October while my husband is working on it. It will be gorgeous when it’s done, but the in between stages suck!

9. Love your whimsical nature! The use of every day items (the shoes on the steps are great! and repeating with the boots below!) good work!

10. Purple Area says:

Great pics, love it! Especially the West Elm cabinet.

/Susann

11. These are all so pretty! I would love a window in my kitchen!

12. Becky! says:

Those mugs are so pretty. What a great gift idea that would be to make a cool typographic set with porcelain paint.

13. I’ve been dreaming of a fresh new kitchen too! Mine’s not terrible but it doesn’t have a lot of personality or space for more than 1.5 people to move comfortably! Yet it seems to be where all 3 of my children love to hang out with me…squish! Love all of your inspiration pics :)

14. alison rae says:

yes! me too… someday. the dreaming is half the fun i suppose. for now i will rock this apartment sized stove.
    you should have my husbands company http://www.nestwoodworking.com/ do the work… he’s brilliant, and i would love an excuse to come to san francisco with him.
    xo
    alison rae

15. Oh I just LURVE the kitchen my Mary Beth Koeth! Gorgeous!

16. Tiffanie says:

I love the second kitchen from the bottom. I love when kitchens are made of separate pieces-why does every cabinet need to match? Why does everything have to fit under one counter? I’m an architect, I understand function, but still…..!

I was mildly disappointed after seeing the content of this post…I thought you might’ve been starting an actual breakfast club! :)

17. Mariela says:

I like the style of the first kitchen, very bright too.

18. Well isn’t this perfect timing. Thanks for all the inspiration! We’re in the planning stages for a reno of a few rooms in our house. Kitchen is number one on the list. Love that Norwegian kitchen best.

19. Sarah says:

Fabulously light and bright and I especially love the black + white added in….that tray is adorable! ;-))

20. Love all of them! Thanks for the kitchen eye candy!

21. I love this post. Breakfast is totally my favourite time and meal of the day- I love taking my time over it (if I can!). Such great inspiration here.

22. LindseyBee says:

I can visualize your dream kitchen–the white’s, blacks, & hints of pink seem very fitting! I would like something bright, as well–only with yellow & white. I love the black & white checkered idea–makes it feel more welcoming & cozy! Maybe one day it will be yours!

23. Some lovely inspiration here! I cook and bake so much so I think it’s important to be in beautiful surroundings, even if that just means working with what I’ve got to make it pretty (as opposed to installing the units and paying out for all the gadgets I dream of owning!) Have linked to this from my blog post today :) Hx

24. Thanks so much for linking my shop Victoria! It was really sweet of you :)

Unfortunately, those little cappuccino cups have sold since, but there will be more vintage flash listings to come in the near future! Anyways, thanks again!

Warmly,
    Cassie

25. Ashley Wells says:

Ugh I’m dying with envy over that adorable black and white nook- I would sit there for HOURS (probably poring over blogs).

26. My dreams of having the perfect location to do food shoots has become a reality. Look at this magical place!

27. that desire to inspire kitchen is amazing! love