oh, and happy, happy friday.

i may not be wes anderson’s number one fan…i’m probably like 10x that whimpy old fan! so, when i saw someone tweet the trailer for his new movie moonrise kingdom, well, let’s just say it made my week. not only is it wes, which is frankly enough. it stars edward norton, frances mcdormand, jason, schwartzman, bruce willis, tilda swinton and ahem, bill-freakin’-murray (love him too, but that’s a story for another day).

i can’t wait to see moonrise kingdom — i do believe it arrives in theatres may 25th. i’ll probably be in need of mild sedatives until then. happy thoughts, people, happy weekend.

• oh, and the pretty script in the film titles and credits? i just discovered (also via twitter, thank you very much @lisacongdon) that the insanely talented jessica hische designed that awesome typeface.

Comments
30 Responses to “oh, and happy, happy friday.”
  1. jodi says:

YES. i cannot wait!!

2. clio says:

this looks fab!

3. Can’t wait for it!!!

4. Amy says:

I don’t even see movies anymore (2 small children), but this one, and really anything by Wes Anderson, will be worth the babysitter…or going alone, just to be immersed in how wonderful it all looks. And sounds…May 25 is TOO long a wait!

5. Betsy says:

This news makes it a VERY happy Friday indeed! Wes Anderson’s movies make me swoon.

6. Goodness, that looks like a fun film! Thanks for sharing the news.

7. Chelsea says:

Hip Hip Hurryay!

8. dana says:

GASP! i adore wes anderson movies…you just made my whole day. this looks absolutely gorgeous and i love everyone in it!! (and is that bobby from “mad men” as the little boy??? i believe it is).

9. Patricia C. says:

I will absolutely see this one. Thanks for all your beautiful posts this week. I love coming here!

10. leslie says:

i’m just glad you went back to “oh, and happy, happy friday.” :)

11. Karen says:

Thank you for sharing Jessica Hische’s website and work. She is a wonderfully talented, intelligent and eloquent artist. It was just the inspiration I needed right now.

12. Sparkie says:

Filmed in Rhode Island this past summer. I recognize iconic aspects of the landscape, um, plus it was filmed in an area with which I am quite familiar… Bought a t shirt in a local surf shop after I saw a pic of it on Bill Murray. Got into a whole discussion with the guy at the shop – nothing but nice things to say about BM.

13. nicole says:

hip hip Murray ! :) ok, i couldn’t resist. i can hardly wait!!!

14. Steph says:

Ohmygosh, why is there no release date? How long do I have to wait for this??! That looks absolutely stupendous. The shot of the treehouse? oh…man….

15. Happy weekend, Victoria! xo

16. This makes me happy, too. A magical world. And the Francoise Hardy song playing is one of my favorites. Happy weekend!

17. Stephanie says:

Oh what fun! Thanks for sharing – you (and Wes!) just made my Saturday morning :)

18. Kelly says:

Yay, glad to see that the “oh happy Friday” tagline remains! It’s like a little perk to remind me, “oh yeah, relax, the weekend’s here.” And I for one really love the “separated at birth” series — I think they’re so creative and fun. I can imagine they’re very time-consuming to assemble, though.

19. This will make my Friday happy also. I can’t wait to see this movie.

20. Jill says:

I’m so glad you are keeping “oh, and happy, happy Friday” posts…I look forward to them!
    Looks like a great movie- thanks for sharing!

21. Catherine says:

Ah I am so excited about this as well! And when I learned that Jessica Hische designed the typeface, I was doubly happy. Can’t wait to see this – the cast sounds amazing.

22. Naomi says:

Fun! I like the oh and happy happy friday post. Can’t wait to see the movie!

23. Such cool news! Thanks for shinning some “YAY” in my blah of a day. I love Wes and ALL of his movies. They’re inspirational treats for the eyes and mind. I also LOVE Bill Murray pretty much since the early 80s and best of all the 25th of May is my birthday!!! I’ll be 42 and this should perk me up! :)

I never comment on your blog but I’ve been following you for years. Daily! Usually right after perusing through Design*Sponge and Simply Breakfast and finishing with Etsy. I love it! :)

24. Leah says:

It looks so good!! I can’t wait until May, that’s too far away!!

25. velika says:

Ooh, and Roman Coppola! Have you seen CQ? (Watch it!!!)

26. leapkate says:

MADE. MY. DAY! Actually, MY WEEK!

27. Jamie says:

This movie was filmed in my town! Well, at least part of it was. So excited to finally see the trailer!!

28. YESS!! that last scene with bill murray… and then the cat in the fishing basket…ahhh!! i can tell already that it’s going to be amazing. p.s. remember when bill murray was showing up at random house parties in nyc? sure wish he’d do a tour of those appearances here in SD;)