black & white & really fresh.

hi guys! i’m back from alt summit, and totally inspired (more about that later!), and I’m also freakin’ exhausted. not only was it non-stop inspiring action, but my two-hour plane ride home turned into 12-plus hours, so forgive me if i’m a little wiped out tonight. i’m going to share some images i’m really loving right now, though — a sophisticated palette that’s also young, modern and fresh. black, white but quite colorful at the same time — starting with this living room from a sneak peek at the upcoming issue of lonny. it’s good to be home with sweet lucy, and i’ll be back soon to share more about what i learned at alt!

i love everything about this colorful bedroom i spied over on mimi + meg (MEG spoke at alt, too!). it’s from a home tour that’s equally lovely at Love the art and color in these images from Interior Magasinet, and photographed by Birgitta Wolfgang drejer.

and how about this bedding via mokkasin from Åhléns? pretty splendid, isn’t it?! and i quite love this geometric nama rococo wallpapered office.

a gorgeous little office via elle decor uk; love this paper pattern as art via tim evan-cook; and some amazing black stained floors finish off this space from alvem.

beautiful bright bedroom via alvem home; and THE PERFECT hallway to complement it, also from alvem home.

a modern spin on the patchwork quilt via bolig; and lindsey lang pillows via decor8.

Comments
17 Responses to “black & white & really fresh.”
  1. TEREZA says:

So light and bright – love specially the black floors.
    Wish you a great week.

2. Chelsea says:

I love all of the contrasting floors. The black and white flooring is divine. It was lovely seeing you at Alt. I left so inspired and happy! xo

3. Krystle says:

The mustard, pink, gray and black comforter is particularly beautiful.

4. Cathy Jean says:

Great inspirational images. Love the London home. Glad you are back safe. Have a restful Monday.

5. I guess I must really love black and white. I didn’t even catch the title of the post as I started scrolling down and started saying “wowowow” to myself and scrolling back up. These are so up my ally. I WANT each room for my very own. Ha!

6. I find myself drawn to this palette more and more! Fresh is the perfect word for it

7. I have always loved black and white!! Also, like the unusual idea of hanging framed pictures above the door.

8. Igor says:

Beautiful inspiration! I so love the bedlinen in the third pic. Yay, me likey!!!! :-)

9. sécia says:

You just can’t go wrong with black and white.

♥ sécia

10. christine says:

Love the doodle wall.

11. Alison says:

Yes, I love this post! Makes me wanna paint something white, and all that freshness makes me think of spring… a girl can dream right?

12. Katrina says:

Thank you for posting such great interiors! I am crazy about that geometrical bedding…

13. so gorgeous! the white minimalist look with colorful decor never fails to impress

14. I love that first sitting room! That looks so fresh and relaxing yet “usable”. That is lovely. How far away is that from my messy living room? ;-)

Kacie

15. Oh I love the art in the colourful bedroom!

16. Emma says:

I can’t wait to hear about alt! Also I’m loving the first picture. I wish I could wake up and my house looked like that!

17. Sara says:

I love how colorful, geometric, and modern the bedding is! It goes so well with the otherwise black and white color scheme.