charmed, i’m sure.

the idea of pops of pink and white with a dab of black inspired this round up of rooms — all with lovely light and happy colorful hues. all very cheerful spots to hang out that exude a kind of eclectic charm, each in its own unique way. p.s. i’d like to get my hands on one of these amazing paintings!

lucite looks so great with pops of color in this fun workspace, via lonny; lovely pastel twist on a mid-century modern room, via elle decoration uk; love this dramatic dining room with all that pink and white in strong contrast to the black background.

pop of pink walls via home life; stylist pippa holt’s home on living inside, via automatism; raya carlisle photographs jaime morrison curtis’ patio makeover for babble; and i love this little bar cart from hannah’s room.

pretty, pretty office designed by Betsy Burnham, via lonny magazine.

• top photograph beautiful home from interior magasinet; via damask & dentelle.

Comments
16 Responses to “charmed, i’m sure.”
  1. Mia Crespo says:

Is it just me or daes the pictures 2 and si6 not appearing?
    I’m asking because I’m in pink and black (and mint) for our living/romm/office these days too, so I’m really interrested in your findings ^^

2. Ana says:

This just made my day. Those paintings are sick! I can say that, right? Do we still say that in 2012 or only if you are a surfer?

3. elle says:

I am so inspired by this combo too!

4. Jill says:

Great pictures! I would love to have the office in the last picture! It’s perfect!
    Have a great day,
    Jill

5. Gorgeous spaces! So many little details. The above porch photo reminds me of how desperately I need to make some tassel garland!

6. The paintings from the first picture are simply perfect!!

(New blog needing some love and support: http://inwhirlofinspiration.blogspot.com)

7. kurt says:

like a big ol gelato on a hot day. me likey.
    kurt

8. I am completely overwhelmed by how much I adore these homes. I love all the feminine yet modern details.

9. Paola Thomas says:

PLEASE find out who does those paintings. I’ve been looking for a painting like that for AGES… Also the room with the lilac rugs is from designer Vanessa Bruno’s Paris apartment. It’s one of my favourite rooms of all time…

10. The last image is my DREAM office! I have had that images and the others of that shoot rotating as my desktop wallpaper for months! Gorg!

11. seriously. those paintings! i’m obsessed!
    i also swear i saw that exact coffee table at alameda flea market this weekend. (the one in the third row of pictures)

12. i need those paintings! especially the one hanging over the crib from the sourced blog. does anyone know who the artist is???

13. sécia says:

I’m in love with those chairs… all of them!

♥ sécia

14. automatism says:

Love this roundup, V — so happy and inspiring! Thanks too for the shout out — so appreciated.

Lori
    xo

15. Kathleen says:

That top light fixture is sort of bananas, and I love it.

16. Carol Neiley says:

I love the painted white ceiling and the light overall. White with pops of color, perfect.