my image inspiration.

awhile back i posted about glidden’s paint’s tool to help you figure out your color ‘personality’ — My Colortopia. now the folks at Glidden have developed this fun new tool called My Image Inspiration and they’ve sponsored me to try it and share it with you. if you’re in a bit of a conundrum as to how to get the color balance and paint colors you’re hoping for, My Image Inspiration is a pretty cool tool that allows you to upload a picture of something you like and think would work for your space — whether it’s a piece of art, furniture, fabric swatches — you can upload a photo of anything really, and then the tool gives you a selection of color palettes to browse through, print, share and paint!

i uploaded this pretty cath kidston fabric swatch, and the My Image Inspiration tool gave me the complementary pale pink shades i was hoping to find, and then some suggested paint colors. it’s fun, and kind of addicting! so next, i tried the My Image Inspiration tool on the palette of this bedroom corner, and it worked really well again. give the tool a try — it’s fun, and pretty darn useful, too.

• I have partnered with Glidden/Akzo Nobel Paints to write this sponsored post but the thoughts and opinions expressed are my very own.

Comments
13 Responses to “my image inspiration.”
  1. Ana says:

I really love that tool. Use it all the time.

2. Kelli says:

This is fantastic! thank you so much; I’m still trying to figure out my colour scheme for my new blog and I think this will definitely help! Thanks!

3. kathy says:

what a nice resource – especially considering how dreadful store lighting can be (and that i live in an apartment with mostly-north-facing windows so the light’s not so great there, either). thanks for sharing.

and if you don’t mind sharing something else – what is the source of the second photo, please? i love the rug! probably can’t afford it, but would like to track it down just in case maybe i can! thank you.

kathy

4. What a fun and useful tool! I can’t wait to try it out.

5. kathy says:

now i know i will never get that rug. i don’t speak french. :(

thank you, though, for the link. looks like a lovely magazine.

6. Sharon says:

Great idea! i only wish that I had a room that needed painting:)

7. fun! things i should not be doing at work. i wanna play. i have about 450 color inspiration images i could go through :)

8. Allyson says:

Sherwin Williams recently came out with their own version of this, but it’s not good at all. In the picture I tried out, it thought hot pink was rust. Hopefully Glidden’s is more effective.

9. marni says:

one of the most frustrating parts of starting a painting project is choosing the perfect shade of a particular color. what a useful tool! thank you for sharing. i love a site that makes a task fun!

10. marni says:

ps- love commenting on your site and seeing my name in pink victoria… so pretty. ;)

11. Wow! this is indeed a very handy tool. Thanks for sharing.

12. So cool-i will tell my clients about this awesome palette tool-thanks as usual xo