orange is never ordinary.

last week i was all about hot pink, but this week i’m into orange. so fickle, i am. but orange is a grand color too, and deserving of a poppy post all its own! so happy and forthright, orange does not mess around, people. it cries out “i’m here. pay attention!”. oh, orange. so un-ordinary.

awesome pops of orange in the form of barstools and pendant lamps in this kitchen, via mixr.

love this room, via emma’s design blogg; table tonic carries some wonderful juju hats — both colorful and subtle; and eleonore bridge shares one fabulous orange chandelier at pausé cafe in paris.

this is bold and very graphic looking room, with it’s black & white and pops of bright orange, via hus & hem.

even just a little pop of orange adds drama to black & white decor, via convoy.

i know i’ve featured this room before, but i just can’t ever get over it and it belonged in this roundup. it’s just too fab — via
the design files.

blacklist studios’ wonderful our love gold foil print; butterfly chair via real living magazine; beautiful blankets via sang an photography; and a bright orange staircase via bruno suet.

this is one very orange formica countertop, and i love it. via bruno suet.

• top image via cherish every moment.

Comments
22 Responses to “orange is never ordinary.”
  1. just the right touch to brighten up a room. those bar stools are FAB!!

2. the orange you are showing is quite beautiful! it is the color we dutch use on queensday as the royal family is called van oranje.. from orange that is ;)

3. Katie says:

i use pops of orange in most of my decorating. i think it goes lovely with brown woods and really adds a retro feel to any interior, which, of course, is what i am all about!

4. Joan says:

Love your feast of orange, Victoria. Just yesterday I was debating about using bright orange paint to brighten up a boringly black metal basket. I thought orange was a little “bright.” Now you’ve inspired me to give it a whirl. . . thanks!

5. Amy says:

I love what you put together! Thanks for the inspiration.

6. sandrichka says:

it’s all about “tangerine tango” this year!

7. Samantha says:

aaaah, orange is great! i have nice pops of orange in my living room…it really adds life to the otherwise tranquil room.

8. Alexa says:

I’ve always loved orange…happy to see it in use more and more these days! xo

9. christine says:

I love the dining room the best. Orange reminds me of Amsterdam and the Queens Day festival.

Christine

10. sécia says:

I just bought an orange cardigan this afternoon. :)

♥ sécia

11. Cathy Jean says:

Thanks. Now I know what color pillows to buy to pull my living room together! I would have never thought of it! Love how many people are sharing about VanOranje Day. I have never heard of it till now. (Queens Day!)

12. TieDye64 says:

I’ve had a passionate love affair with orange for some time now. I simply cannot live without pops of the glorious color in my home. I adore it! Just looking at it makes me happy.

13. Keren says:

I love citrus colors – oranges, lemons, tangelos, and tangerines! They bring a bright and sunny cheerfulness to any environment. They also always seems to have a bit of youth and humor! Why not decorate your house like a fruit salad!?

14. Michelle says:

Love what you have put together here – the orange bursts are inspirational and a lovely way to add some colour to the home, especially during these cold months over here in the uk!

15. Erin Walsh says:

I love this color combo! So fresh and sophisticated!

16. dorylyn says:

Back in the day, when the only color seemed to be mauve and sea foam green, I walked into my local hardware store and bought a can of orange paint. Went home and painted one wall orange. What a wonderful feeling I had when I finished…not to mentioned, the looks I received from my friends when they walked in. What fun! Yes, I love orange!

17. Amber says:

That orange formica countertop is so cool. I would love to redo my kitchen and have that installed.

18. kalanicut says:

I LOVE that you posted an orange formica countertop. I have been crazy in love with orange & hot pink for years and years. They go together like two sassy friends, maybe that’s why they are both on your mind right now. I am so over couples on the “home tv shows” squawking about “granite countertops & stainless steel appliances” that I am totally ready for a formica revolution and I would love the orange. :)

19. Antje says:

a fresh and bright color for a warm cool room ….like it

20. I see what you mean about orange, but I’m still obsessed with bright pink right now!

21. Megan says:

I’m a huge fan of orange to make a room pop. Especially with a triadic color scheme – violet, green, and orange! It rocks!