tuesday’s girl: adele.

the beautiful and powerfully gifted adele graces the cover of vogue this march and she’s never looked more lovely. now, i know what you’re thinking…retouched. but hey, i’d like them to retouch me up a bit so i’d look this, especially if i were going to be in the pages of vogue. and regardless of any retouching here, i think it’s safe to say, adele’s voice is the real thing, as is i think her soul. and for me, that’s what really matters. her music gives me the chills. i have to actually change the radio station should she come on at a time, heaven forbid, i’m feeling even a tiny bit heartbroken — or i just lose it! anyway, this tuesday’s girl, is all about adele.

Comments
23 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: adele.”
  1. Adele is amazing. I am so lucky to have seen her live- she blows you away!

2. Greta says:

i can’t do anything but agree, her voice is amazing and those photos are beautiful too!
    have a nice day!
    /greta

3. hannah says:

I’d want to be retouched too although I notice they haven’t ‘fixed’ her wonky nose… as someone who has a wonky nose, I would be disappointed if it was airbrushed! I like when flaws like that are left in photo shoots!

She’s so gorgeous though – her laugh is fantastic!

4. That girl is so flipping stunning. I watched an old movie the other day, To Sir With Love, and she reminds me of the singer Lulu, who starred in it.

5. Maya says:

I have seen that cover at my local bookstore three times now, and three times I’ve felt greatly disappointed by the amount of retouching. I am fully aware that all cover photos are retouched, but this was so blatant that to me that woman became someone else. I think what made it worse for me was seeing her artificial self on the cover of Vogue, surrounded by a handful of other covers (People mag, for one) featuring her naturally beautiful self. I would be very curious to know what Adele thinks of it, for I would be so crushed under the pressure that such a cover puts on the physical expectations of me. With that being said, the pictorial is gorgeous and Adele remains one of my favorite female voices of our times.

6. clémence says:

I like her a lot, and love the way she’s dressed for those pictures!

7. tamera jane says:

She’s lovely – from the video of this shoot, though, they definitely got rid of a little chub on her chin. As a chubby chin myself, I say “either send around retouchers for all of us, or leave it alone!”

Still, it’s a lovely shoot.

8. Beautiful photos of Adele!

9. Dang dude, that third picture doesn’t even look like her!! She’s so amazingly talented, I wish they’d stop feeling the need to over glamorize her

10. i <3 adele. it blows me away that she's still so young but seems to have such a wise soul.

11. Ariane says:

You might be interested in this article about the science behind your chills.

12. mrs cheese says:

She’s a REAL woman for REAL women!
    Watching The Brits here in the UK and she’s just scooped another award.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE her.

13. I’d never heard of Adele before and just spent the evening listening to “Someone Like You” on repeat like a big teenagey nerd. There *may* have been some sobbing too, although I’ll never admit it.

14. Katie says:

Love it. Love Adele. Thanks for this Tuesday’s Girl.

15. Uncle Beefy says:

The photo session is stunning (and I’m just looking past the retouching)! But, what I love even more is the video. She’s amazing on multiple levels. Especially considering how young she is. What a wonder!

16. Bethany says:

she is so beautiful! Thos pics are amazing as well.

17. Anja says:

oh adele, how I love thee! She is just amazing, an amazing artist, and what a woman. She is not one of those skinny pop girls and I love it. Thx for featuring her, she really deserves to be in the spotlight!!

18. Ngo Vi says:

Love it. Love Adele. Thanks for this Tuesday’s Girl.

19. Valerie says:

Thanks for the link Victoria to this *amazing* young woman. I have read so many articles in the last few days about this *STAR*….””’wow”” is all I have to say! Cheers, Valerie

20. oVi says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE! :)

21. nicole says:

she’s so beautiful! I love her confidence in her shape, and that makes her even more beautiful!

22. Penny says:

Oh dear-! Retouched indeed. And strapped in, zipped up, concealed, shot with her looking up (makes the face look thinner), painted and lit carefully within an inch of her life. Like everyone else who gets shot for Vogue I will grant you, but only yesterday I saw a quote from her talking about media expectations and glamour in music, in which she stated she had no wish to be on the cover of Vogue, it’s not where she’s coming from. Not that a girl can’t change her mind but for me this painted characterture puts a chink in her sincerity. This isn’t Adele, it’s an idealized replicant.

23. Jess Lonett says:

recently 2 of my girlfriends and i were out at a local bar and someone decided playing “someone like you” on the jukebox was a great idea. the three of us were holding back tears while smoking a cigarette to get through it. i like to think adele would have been proud of how we were handling it. haha the next day i found this article that explains her power! http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203646004577213010291701378.html#articleTabs%3Darticle