oh, and happy, happy friday.

Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo. i love ira, he’s a hero of mine — so i wanted to share. happy friday everyone. have an inspiring weekend!

for more ira glass, listen to this american life. you can catch up on their podcasts too.

Comments
28 Responses to “oh, and happy, happy friday.”
  1. clio says:

Was it just me or were primes used in place of commas in that whole video? Maybe I’ve been doing too much typography lately. Ha!

2. He’s a hero of mine too. This is one of my favorite quotes/bit of advice of all time. Happy Friday!

3. Gosh. I needed to hear this today. THANK YOU!!!

4. Tiffanie says:

This quote means so much to me that I have it on my desktop, and I shared it on my blog last week after a string of small blogging “victories”. It’s a good one. Happy weekend, Victoria! I’ll see you at West Elm tomorrow, I’ll be the disheveled one with two beautiful kids in tow because daddy’s out of town. :)

5. Patti Murphy says:

I really love this! thanks so much for sharing. time to make some deadlines and close the gap.

6. yvonne says:

This is the most inspiring! It’s exactly what I needed today! thanks.

7. jsl says:

This is so inspiring, especially where I am in my new venture as a blogger and re-establishing a design career after having a kid. Thank you for sharing.
    I love Ira too. LIstening to him puts tears in my eyes sometime. I’ll definitely be re-blogging this and linking you.

8. Ditto to what everyone else said…. so much anxiety covers me from head to today somedays because of this very topic. : / I really don’t like doubting my designer self worth. I am going to repost and link you too. :) Hope your weekend is wonderful.

9. lynzey says:

this is exactly what i needed to hear right now.

Thank you!!!

10. love this. i am in this gap right now. my best friend gave me a similar pep talk. this is great!

11. sécia says:

Thank you so much for sharing that. So inspiring and motivational. Happy Friday!

♥ sécia

12. Rita says:

I loved this, loved it, loved it. And needed it! Really. Needed. It.

Thank you.

13. sami says:

LOVE THIS!
    so compelling. and utterly true!

xo
    sami

14. Emily says:

Who needs a good therapist when you can get free advice like this?
    Ira is amazing! Really, this hit me hard, in a good way.

15. Em says:

FAVOURITE. QUOTE/PASSAGE. OF. ALL. TIME. ‘Fight your way through it’ that is definitely true, there are so many obstacles that come with the creative life but gosh it’s a comfort to know that your not alone in the world!! :)

16. Cathy Jean says:

Love this! It is not a coincidence so many artists are relating to his message right at this given time! Artists are the story-tellers of the world yet we are often doing it alone cuz “nobody tells people who are beginners”. He reminds me of Alan Watts who I loved listening to as a teenager.

17. Amy says:

I loved that. So inspiring after a tough day. Thanks for sharing!

18. Hannah B. says:

A couple weeks ago, I was having a really hard week and one of my friends shared that Ira Glass talk; it changed my whole dynamic and was so encouraging.
    Just keep making work.
    Just keep making work.

19. Lucero says:

That is exactly what I needed to hear right now! Thank you for sharing.
    I was feeling everything it talked about and now I realize its ok to be going through it!
    I will excel and become what I know I can become!

Much love!
    Lu

20. So true. Couldn’t have been said better.

21. Agnes says:

Thank you for posting. I’m starting my own business and
    It’s has taken years to get started. I’m so excited
    And nervous… Listening to this is an inspiration.
    I’m going to play it again.

22. a&B says:

That is GREAT. INSPIRING. & just what the DOCTOR ORDERED!

23. Awesomesauce! (There, I said it ~ been avoiding that latest catchphrase for a while ;). But this video makes so. much. sense. to me, great to know that ‘the gap’ is just the way it is for everyone! Thanks Victoria. :)
    mj.x

24. Angie says:

Ahhh, finally I don’t feel like a scmuck! Thank you for posting this, it really lifted me today. I’m trying to start a new awesome food revolution, but it’s not awesome yet. But this has made me realise that I just need to keep pumelling forward. And, some day it might be awesome :)

25. Elena says:

Heartfelt thanks for sharing this from deep in the “gap”.

26. Nic says:

Thank you for this, seriously, thank you