coolest kid on the color block.

well, if this isn’t the prettiest darn rug i’ve ever seen, i don’t know what is. isn’t it just luscious? it’s the hay colour carpet and it’s way out of my league, but i can still admire it from afar, and it can inspire me to dig up some other fun color blocking and pretty pops of pink and yellow, and all the sultry shades of gray that give them contrast. enjoy.

moa og kaffekoppen; bolig; and joanna henderson photography.

vintage mid-century danish modern bench with color blocked cushions from cast and crew.

let’s paint the ceiling! via magnus anesund photography via coco+kelley.

oh, pink elvis via smilebooth; neon cone lamp from adónde?; and blu dot strut table in watermelon.

jean-francois jaussaud photography; hay colour block bedding; caroline gomez la torche; and photography from benjamin bergh.

beautiful bedroom with bold pops of color, via fantastic frank.

Comments
12 Responses to “coolest kid on the color block.”
  1. Julie says:

I love this post, Victoria…and I’m in love with that rug!

2. Julie says:

P.S. Whoa! Yes, way out of my price range too but one can dream, right?!

3. Sage says:

okay, well, i guess i just discovered that colorblocking is AMAZING.

4. Cathy Jean says:

I am intrigued by all the orange! My mom has a rocker similar to the orange chair. Calling her now to see if she still wants it!

5. Sophia says:

This color combo is so refreshing! Like a summer gellato…yum!

6. rena says:

you knocked it waaay out of the park with this post, v! love it ALL.

7. sécia says:

OMG I love that mid century bench! Also loving how painting that ceiling is giving the walls a gradual pink hue.

♥ sécia

8. Such a hopeful post! The colors make me hopeful that Spring is just around the corner, hard to imagine here in cold and gray Paris at the moment. I first met Hay at Maison et Objet, amazing people and creativity.

9. I fell in love with that rug too! I pinned it on my Pinterest too just have it there in case I win on the lottery or something. I love how the pale pink overlays the other blocks of colours!

Love the Benjamin Bergh photo too, with the scruffy chair with a magazine on it, and I have this on Pinterest too :-) Everyday, simple beauty!

10. I’m in love with everything in this post. Every. Single. Thing.

11. Ronnie says:

Just all round gorgeousness Victoria! Your eye is seriously impeccable.
    Ronnie xo