NM | BEST OF

Hey there. Nathan Michael here again. :) So, I’ve decided to share one of my best kept secrets with you this week. Two Words: Bop Records

Tucked away in Ballard, Seattle; Bop is filled to the brim with over 100,00 records. Yep, you read that right. Pure ecstasy! For those of you who share my love for vintage, vinyl goodness, this is like the holy grail of record stops. just imagine all that beautiful, gritty-sounding vinyl cooped up in one place…it’s almost too much to handle!

If you’re ever in Seattle this is a must visit. No excuses :)

Who are you listening to these days? I’m in constant need of new music :)

Until next time,

nathan michael

Comments
13 Responses to “NM | BEST OF”
  1. bethany says:

currently listening to http://www.mrgnome.com/

if ever in pittsburgh, pennsylvania stop in here, you’d love it http://www.jerrysrecords.com/

i enjoy your posts.

2. Jes says:

Yay! I’m in Seattle at the end of May! Me & my fiance are big vinyl junkies – I’m a punk/rock girl, he’s a hip-hop guy (not the 50 cent variety, oh no!). But we’ve just discovered Baby Huey and his song Hard Times ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmizth0lafg&feature=related ), and I’m trying to track down a vinyl version as a present for him! Pretty rad song, I’m sure you’ll agree (and he does look so very sad…)

3. Lacey Ward says:

SO dreamy! Ive got to get there!

4. nicole says:

will have to keep this in mind when we get to Seattle, thanks! been listening to :
    Devandra Banhart – “Love”, and “Baby”)
    Of Monsters & Men- “Little Talks” & “Love, Love, Love”
    Angus & Julia Stone- any thing they do of course
    Birdy- her version of “Shelter” blows me away!
    Civil Wars- all
    Lykki Li- all
    Robyn- “Call Your Girlfriend”
    Dustin O’Halloran’s soundtrack for the movie “Like Crazy” is good for quiet/calm times.
    Still listening to the Jackson 5 daily, and Jay Z’s “Black Album” still does it for me. Frank Sinatra’s “Fly Me to the Moon” always puts a smile on my face, and i will always be in love with both the Smiths and the Strokes. oxo

5. Still Corner’s new album (creatures of a hour), new sleigh bell’s ambum and the ost of “Drive”!
    *obsessed*

(New blog needing some love: http://inwhirlofinspiration.blogspot.com)

6. KJ says:

First Aid Kit: The Lions Roar. Entire album.

7. Mary says:

Of Monsters and Men! Their album has been on constant rotation since I found it late last summer. I was lucky enough to catch them at the Icelandic Festival in Toronto in September with about 100 other people. They are the real deal and put on a fun show, they are touring North America spring/ summer. Believe their album officially releases in US soon.

Also feeling: Sun Parlor Players, Dan Mangan (esp. Post -War Blues), Rural Alberta Advantage, Those Dancing Days and Cuff the Duke.