cinque terre…wish you were here?

i think one of my very favorite places in the whole universe is cinque terre, italy. i spent a week here in the summer of 2005 and have been dying to get back there ever since. and now i can go! because italian fix is getting ready for an intimate group trip to cinque terre this summer, june 3 – 9.

if you’ve never been to this part of the italian rivera, it’s incredibly serene and gorgeous. five villages are connected by train, and by trails that you can hike, from one charming village to the next. or you can take the small ferry boats that run between the villages too. no matter how you get around, it’s all magical, and each one of cinque terre’s villages has a little something special to offer.

this trip includes:

• Live in a quiet seaside village. Your new digs are set in the hillside where the sea, clusters of colorful houses, terraced vineyards and tiny villages converge into an undeniably peaceful corner of the planet called the Cinque Terre. UNESCO thinks it is pretty special too; it is a protected world heritage site. Repeat daily.

• Stay on the Italian Riviera: it is so gorgeous even Italians vacation there. Your home base of Riomaggiorre is a relaxed, traffic-free village dripping with character. You will also visit the coastal towns of Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso, Levanto and Genoa. Repeat daily.

• Scope out the coolest finds with your personal shopper in Genoa. We’ll hunt down the prettiest frocks, grooviest handmade shoes, most delectable Italian foodstuffs and visit the back alleys and interesting nooks in the truly under the radar city of Genoa. Take once in a lifetime.

• Swim in Mediterranean waters. Hike the famed Cinque Terre paths. Sip aperitivi at cafes. People watch in the piazzas. Eat gelato while sitting on stone walls. Eat with abandon. Savor local wines. Escape routine. Order food in Italian. Laugh loudly. Do it for seven day with your new friends. Repeat as necessary.

your italian fix hosts in cinque terre are Bianca Gignac, Tim Mcdiarmid, and personal trainer
Josh Levine. This is a chance to go to Italy with friends you didn’t know you had. It’s not a stuffy tour. It’s a get together on the Italian Riviera with people chosen to inspire, teach and entertain you in a relaxed and ultra-fun environment. See the details here for an early booking discount.

costs include: 6 nights in a boutique hotel in the Cinque Terre, daily morning fitness classes (or sleep in and drink coffee on your veranda), 6 dinners with wine, 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, photography session with Milanese fashion photographer, shopping trip with a personal shopper, Italian cooking class in a 17th century villa, guided market-to-table culinary workshop, wine tasting of the Cinque Terre wines with sommelier, wine cantina visit, day-trips to Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso, Levanto and Genoa, welcome cocktails, farewell party, collection from the train station upon arrival in Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre park and trail passes, ground transport. for prices and more specific details, visit the italian fix website.

What is not included: Airfare to Italy, transportation to Riomaggiore, cocktails and alcohol beyond what is mentioned, 3 lunches, health and travel insurance. All guests will also receive individual help with practical info on how to best arrive in Italy.

• photos courtesy of Jeff Curto; Jacinta Moore; and Lomoody Mo.

• post sponsored in trade by italian fix.

Comments
35 Responses to “cinque terre…wish you were here?”
  1. jenn says:

this looks incredible. I am seriously considering this trip.

• tim says:

You should come! It’s really going to be an amazing week. The people signed up so far are all really incredible people. Hope you can join us.

• Michaele says:

I went to cinque terre and I would have to agree…IT IS AMAZING!!! :) wish I could pull a Marry Poppins.

• Ciao Jenn, Just checked out your blog and it looks so fun. If you love photography then prepare to get shots in Italy that will bring you to tears (in a good way)! Thanks for the Urban outfitters rug idea. i think that would be just perfect on my white floors too! yum. xx bianca

• jenn says:

thank you Bianca! The rug is supposed to come Monday, but I’ll be out of town until Thursday, so I’ll have to wait to see it in person. I am super tempted for this trip. I read about the area a while back and it seriously looks wonderful! Will have to look at my summer budget :)

2. I spent a week here as well a few spring’s back – I completely agree, it is one of the most magical places. Bellissima!

3. Melanie says:

That sounds so amazing. Drew and I spent two weeks in Italy on our honeymoon. We were trying to decide between Cinque Terre and the Amalfi Coast. We ended up choosing the Amalfi Coast (and Florence, Siena, and Rome) and it was so beautiful. I’d love to go back to Italy! And Paris.

4. shana says:

we rented a flat off the piazza in corniglia for a week ten years ago. i can’t even tell you how often i daydream about it. this brings back a lot of happy memories!

5. Robert says:

I’m going to be in Cinque Terre that same week!
    Have you heard if Vernazza has recovered from last October’s flooding?
    We’re going regardless, because they need the tourist dollars now more than ever…so many businesses have been shut down for so long while the digging out and repair has been underway.

6. I would love to put these photographs on my walls as prints – SO fab and colourful.

7. I loved the Cinque Terre. We stayed in the hotel on the left in the second photo, the old red building. It’s so beautiful, and the seafood was amazing. I wanna go back too!

Kacie

8. It’s raining and cold in Vancouver. I DO wish I was there, maybe just for a day or two of sunshine and warmth. Between Vancouver and England I rarely get a day like the one you’re having.

9. paulina says:

My husband and I went on vacation there a few years ago. EPIC! You can rent a villa with a balcony and just sit there sipping Limoncello, taking it all in.

10. alvaro sanz says:

I was there with my motorhome on 2007. It was October, raining… I remember driving on this small roads with my new 7 meters vehicle. It was really really nice… here you’ve some pictures…

11. Jennifer says:

I love it this! Got engaged there last year :) It is such a beautiful place

12. Charlotte says:

Wow – this brings back memories. My brother and I toured around here just after our Grandma died. We had such a great time. Thanks for reminding :)

13. yvonne says:

Wow! I was there that same summer. We must have crossed paths! SO beautiful. I want to move there now!

14. Taylor Rae says:

I couldn’t agree more. One of the most uniquely, beautiful places on earth.

15. LeeLi says:

This sounds wonderful! I’ve been dying to go there for years, some friends of mine are there now and then this post, oh my I think its a sign, Cinque Terre is calling!

16. Gorgeous pictures. The trip sounds awesome. This is definitely on my “must” list. So many places to see!

17. Ciao Amici,

I am thrilled to see the trip I curated featured on this fabulous blog.

Thanks Victoria!

Thanks everyone for all the amazing feedback.

If you are tempted to come, then write me via my blog.

We still have some spots available as of today but this changes daily.

I can only take 10 people! Readers of this blog all enthusiastically welcome! My goal is to make it the most unforgettable trip you’ve ever been on!

Baci & abbracci (hugs & kisses in italiano) xx bianca

18. Keren says:

I have never been to the Italian Riviera, and it actually never appeared on my “must travel list”. After seeing the images, the rainbow bright colored umbrellas, the storied houses, and the ambiance, I am seriously considering it as a new addition to my “must travel list”. Not to mention, it’s winter in NYC and I could use a warm escape!

19. Mary says:

I loved Cinque Terre! I haven’t been there since 1997. When I visited, it was really a sleepy little seaside town. I’ve heard it’s become much more touristy since then and resort-like. It’s still Italy, though, and if you’ve never been, it’s a must see. :)

20. Martha says:

eat squid ink pasta and as many olives as possible. hike there and take the boat back!!!

21. Meg says:

Yes I wish I was there! I want to go!

22. beco says:

I simply MUST know how the photos were taken- the ones with singled out focus? is it an app?!

23. i also spent time in cinque terre during the summer of 2005! i was THE BEST!!

xx,
    Aja Lake
    the gold hat.

24. isabell says:

i do wish i was there!!

25. isabell says:

i also would like to know how these pictures were taken. esp the one with the boats on the water. so freakin beautiful

26. Ciao Beco,

Images with the singled out focus are images on FILM (weird!) by Jeff Curto taken years ago. He then manipulated them digitally in a process called miniaturization. You could ask him about it cause he is a photography instructor: http://www.jeffcurto.com/

27. ste h says:

just come back from cinque terre,such a good time there,the seafood there is wonderful!!!because of the flood last winter,one of the villages named vernazza is under rebuilding,we stayed in Manarola,wish i can go back next summer,already miss it

28. Thank you to Gillian B for telling me about this. I would so love to make this trip to Italy. It would be my third trip and my first to Cinque Terra. I am crossing my fingers.
    Valerie

29. Arlene Trichilo says:

Wow wow wow…….love these pics…..Irish I was there, thanks for sharing. I’m going to paint them…..

30. domain says:

I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the superb works guys I’ve you guys to blogroll.