cinque terre…wish you were here?
i think one of my very favorite places in the whole universe is cinque terre, italy. i spent a week here in the summer of 2005 and have been dying to get back there ever since. and now i can go! because italian fix is getting ready for an intimate group trip to cinque terre this summer, june 3 – 9.
if you’ve never been to this part of the italian rivera, it’s incredibly serene and gorgeous. five villages are connected by train, and by trails that you can hike, from one charming village to the next. or you can take the small ferry boats that run between the villages too. no matter how you get around, it’s all magical, and each one of cinque terre’s villages has a little something special to offer.
• Live in a quiet seaside village. Your new digs are set in the hillside where the sea, clusters of colorful houses, terraced vineyards and tiny villages converge into an undeniably peaceful corner of the planet called the Cinque Terre. UNESCO thinks it is pretty special too; it is a protected world heritage site. Repeat daily.
• Stay on the Italian Riviera: it is so gorgeous even Italians vacation there. Your home base of Riomaggiorre is a relaxed, traffic-free village dripping with character. You will also visit the coastal towns of Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso, Levanto and Genoa. Repeat daily.
• Scope out the coolest finds with your personal shopper in Genoa. We’ll hunt down the prettiest frocks, grooviest handmade shoes, most delectable Italian foodstuffs and visit the back alleys and interesting nooks in the truly under the radar city of Genoa. Take once in a lifetime.
• Swim in Mediterranean waters. Hike the famed Cinque Terre paths. Sip aperitivi at cafes. People watch in the piazzas. Eat gelato while sitting on stone walls. Eat with abandon. Savor local wines. Escape routine. Order food in Italian. Laugh loudly. Do it for seven day with your new friends. Repeat as necessary.
your italian fix hosts in cinque terre are Bianca Gignac, Tim Mcdiarmid, and personal trainer
Josh Levine. This is a chance to go to Italy with friends you didn’t know you had. It’s not a stuffy tour. It’s a get together on the Italian Riviera with people chosen to inspire, teach and entertain you in a relaxed and ultra-fun environment. See the details here for an early booking discount.
costs include: 6 nights in a boutique hotel in the Cinque Terre, daily morning fitness classes (or sleep in and drink coffee on your veranda), 6 dinners with wine, 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, photography session with Milanese fashion photographer, shopping trip with a personal shopper, Italian cooking class in a 17th century villa, guided market-to-table culinary workshop, wine tasting of the Cinque Terre wines with sommelier, wine cantina visit, day-trips to Portovenere, Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso, Levanto and Genoa, welcome cocktails, farewell party, collection from the train station upon arrival in Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre park and trail passes, ground transport. for prices and more specific details, visit the italian fix website.
What is not included: Airfare to Italy, transportation to Riomaggiore, cocktails and alcohol beyond what is mentioned, 3 lunches, health and travel insurance. All guests will also receive individual help with practical info on how to best arrive in Italy.
• post sponsored in trade by italian fix.