COLOR POP.

nothing but gloom here this week in san francisco. the constant pitter patter of raindrops has me wishing for brighter skies and a bit of color. so i’m making my own color today. here you go. my gift to you on a rainy gray day!

one very color blocked kitchen, via elle decor south africa (above and below).

love the black fixtures and appliances with all that color; porcelain tableware and pendant lamps from the mod collective.

french tulips, one of my favorites, always add color, via en mammas dag; and pretty living room with a pop of bright yellow, via helt enkelt.

our city lights diy pink chalkboard door is adorable; i love the fine little day ruperta striped cushion cover; William and Mary Reclaimed Wood Round Side Table with Chartreuse Legs from edies lab; pretty hot pink ostrich pillow from calypso st. barth; and more pink porcelain dishware from the mod collective.

one great magazine storage piece from car möbel and some great pops of yellow!

i love this colorful workspace gallery via design files.

Comments
11 Responses to “COLOR POP.”
  1. Grumble Girl says:

Man, I love that hot pink door painted with chalkboard paint… that’s kinda wicked.

2. Cathy Jean says:

The South Africa decor is cool. The mid-century furniture really pops out against the green kitchen. I like it! It is so windy here where I live I am afraid one of the Eucalyptus tree’s is going to crash down so I am going to go get a burrito just in case.. Saved by a burrito.. Love the garbage can’s too!

3. Alexa says:

How wonderful is that kitchen? I’m getting inspiration for my own (future) kitchen for sure.

4. Keren says:

Have you seen Kate Spade’s new campaign to “Live Colorfully”? This house is spot on! Also, I love the crumpled trashcans and abstract paintings – reminds me of works by Ian Davenport and Jessica Snow.

5. Mo says:

Where do I start, I love this post. The tile, so perfect and bold. I love the pink door too, but I’m not brave enough. Did you notice the yellow wall hanging, holding a magazine, is I think a bicycle rat trap? So cool! Love!

6. christine says:

such springy colours!

7. Gabi Bordini says:

Amazing! Loved it! By the way, I love your blog!I have a blog too and I’m always inspired by yours!

8. Mel says:

The last picture is from the Design Files Open house. It was a pop up shop in an open house last year in Melbourne. Such a great concept, have a look…

9. Ronnie says:

That first room is so simple yet so effective! I’ll have to remember it if we ever have a guest room down the track… and a coloured door. I need a bold, coloured door. One day.
    Ronnie xo

10. Lindsay says:

Thank you for the POP this week! This gloomy SF weather is so, well, gloomy! I’m feeling very inspired by that pink chalkboard door…