want this look….maybe for a bit less.

oh my stars! this home belonging to designer harriet anstruther and photographer henry bourne in new york times magazine just has me swooning. first of all that painting — i love Harland Miller’s Penguin Books series — but i love everything about this place. the mix is great – hot pink and white and lots of textures too. from velvet to tufted white leather and cowhide. i’m gonna try and get this look, maybe for a bit less. here goes…

here’s how to get the look: bladon hot pink velvet sofa; ikea KOLDBY Cowhide; black and white polka-dotted pillow from land of pillows; cabana home end table; horchow Bevin Tufted Ottoman; and wittmann alleegasse black & white striped sofa.

• all photos by henry bourne.

Comments
17 Responses to “want this look….maybe for a bit less.”
  1. Erin says:

I love that Penguin book series, too, and that painting looks totally DIY-able. I’m not the most artistic soul, but I think you could easily pull that off with some watercolor!

2. Ooh, I love the black and white with a splash of color. Lovely.

3. Barbara says:

I love paintings, they fits so well with this rooms*

4. Very chic! Love how light and airy with bold pops of tone & color. The photos are great!

5. love, love, love their apartment… and i totally think the penguin series is rad {since i can’t afford it, i thought to DIY it… @Erin: we had the same idea ;-)}

6. what a great space and your picks are perfect!!!
    Love that pink sofa, sigh
    Amy

7. Alicia says:

I wish that print were really a book, but it isn’t :(

8. TieDye64 says:

Be still my heart! Love the colors, the graphic quality….everything. So smartly edited, too. Fabulous post.

9. Joe says:

Love the water color of a book cover!
    I must try this as a DIY for my space…How inspiring!

10. look see says:

Sigh. Love it. Especially the pink. I just can’t go past pink at the moment.

11. Liz says:

I actually made a DIY version of that painting and made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DND-BbRLHDg Here’s the info on what I bought and what it cost me to make: http://beinggeekchic.com/post/11252932804/diy-weekend-vintage-penguin-book-art

12. You HAVE to scan and blow up that Hashish book! What a win.
    xx

13. ALEX says:

Victoria, check out the illustrator Alanna Cavanagh in Toronto and her Penguin prints…big fan!

14. This is the room I dreamed I would have when I grew up to be Manhattan Barbie. :) So in love!!