THE JEALOUS CURATOR: ART GOES HERE.

hello again! so, let’s get right to it, shall we? i found this dining room on pinterest the other day (via styled by karl), and although it’s lovely and tranquil, i really want to hang some art in there:

like i said, it really is peaceful, so i don’t want to cover everything in art – maybe just one wall – but i just have to add one other thing on the smaller wall before we get started:

ahh, yes – a lovely white framed floor mirror (and stick!) from west elm for that lonely white wall. ok. now, for the art! this is not a traditional dining room by any means, so i’ve decided not to show any traditional art. nope – not one brush stroke or pencil line in the bunch. ready? of course you are!

gasp! thread – literally thousands of strands of thread stretched across the end of the room to create a stunning piece of art that almost glows from within (by american artist anne lindberg). would that not be amazing in there?! oh, and speaking of amazing:

i would love to look at these strange and beautiful gardens while having my dinner! paper cut & pressed flowers, pinned & framed by utrecht based artist┬áanne ten donkelaar. they really are magical, and those vibrant colors would be amazing in this simple space – but, if you really want to keep the white theme going, then by all means, please do!

white. paper. feathers – yes! seattle based artist sharon arnold creates large scale installations using only hand-cut strathmore paper, and pins. this piece, titled “muff” is 5 feet across and would be an amazing addition this lovely, tranquil space. om.

see? i told you – not one bit of traditional art. of course, you could hang anything you want in this room – it’s a like a beautiful blank canvas! ok, i’ll be back in two weeks with more art hung in lovely rooms. see you then ~ the jealous curator xo

Comments
24 Responses to “THE JEALOUS CURATOR: ART GOES HERE.”
  1. Amazing. I love 3D Art, double the impact.

2. Love these idea – the paper garden is my fav! Anne’s work is gorgeous.

3. homestilo says:

I love all of your choices. But especially the paper garden gallery.

4. Wow – you are so creative! Amazing ideas…

5. thanks everyone! i love doing these posts – so fun to imagine the artsy possibilites! ; )

6. K says:

Love the feathers idea! So brilliant!

7. TheAvarice says:

Totally agree. There is a very clear difference between spare and bare. Spare can be beautiful. This room is bare and frankly a bit boring. I would LOVE to see a huge colorful oil painting or textural sculpture as you suggest.

8. ally says:

I am going to figure out a way to make the string installment. And I am excited.

9. The pink thread installation is to die for. I think I might need something like it pronto!

10. Jacqueline says:

The thread installations would be really great in this space. Actually, with such a blank slate, I think a site-specific installation is really the way to go. It would create such a great focal point.

11. it’s like a little gallery in there, isn’t it?… and yes, a site-specific installation would be AMAZING!

12. Mark Pyle says:

I love this series, “Art Goes Here”, you point out the obvious, and the ideas you bring to the table are cool! Keep up this series…

13. TieDye64 says:

I love every single idea. All the ideas are so unique and perfect for this space.

14. Samantha says:

Do you have any idea how to do the thread installation?

15. look see says:

My favourites are the first and second – the first if money was no object! Those colours are amazing! And the second is just so pretty!

16. Viv says:

Great ideas! Love the thread in particular.

17. Jenn says:

Intrigued by the threads – my first thought was that it was like a beautiful pink gossamer cobweb. Then I thought spiders. Living. In. It. And the dust. And all the threads going up the vaccum. And beleive it or not I’m an *optimist*

I don’t think i’ll be trying it. Pity – it is heavenly.

Jenn

• ha! true enough… these works, by anne lindberg, are usually large scale installations in galleries, so they probably aren’t up long enough to gather dust : ) this wasn’t meant to be a DIY idea, just a bit of stunning art placed in a white room! ; )

• Jenn says:

Yeah I got that. I guess Im just a DIY kinda girl. I can barely look at anything without thinking “could I do that?”/ “could I make that?”

18. ohbygolly says:

The first and the last just do it for me–they are fantastic! Thanks for sharing…another post that inspires.