NM | BEST OF

typically, when I think of texas, I imagine: cowboy hats, ranches & miniature ponies; not a dreamy bohemian hotel. That’s what I love about austin though … The city’s eclectic vibe is always pushing things to the limit. I fell upon Hotel San José when I was visiting my sister last year.  It is one of those experiences where you feel like you’re hooked up to an i.v. full of love-drugs the whole time. truly surreal. with 40 custom designed rooms, you are bound to find the perfect place to hang your hat. plus, they even stock their mini-bars with read-to-make salsa kits! it doesn’t get much better than that. don’t think you can handle the texas heat? no worries–they have a pool ready for you to take a dip whenever your heart desires.

For those of you who are thinking about booking for next year’s SXSW, the waiting list opens May 1st & they start booking June 1st. So, get on it…They will fill up fast.

Until next time,

nathan michael

*all photos by nathan michael

Comments
19 Responses to “NM | BEST OF”
  1. Mary says:

I’ve stayed here and LOVED it! Austin is such an amazing city. I usually stop in for a champagne cocktail on the patio next to the pool when I’m in town. Across the street from the Hotel San Jose is a wonderful bar and music venue, The Continental Club.

2. The lush greenery on this patio is making eager for a vacation! Texas sounds ideal…

3. Kelly Rae says:

<3 San Jose hotel-it's so cute.

4. This looks so lovely and relaxing! I wouldn’t mind staying there one bit!

5. wpw – that is a stylish hotel!

6. I adore that place in every sense of the word!

~Syd

7. Such fun, expected pops of color. And I LOVE the landscapes and succulents. What a beautiful place–

8. this looks so amazing, unlike any hotel I have ever seen.
    I think this calls for a trip to Austin
    Amy

9. Gina Johnson says:

Austin is a great city, I have found so much great architecture and interior designs here, there’s a plethora of cute boutiques and shops for accessorizing. I’d never heard of Hotel San Jose but will definitely keep in mind, I would KILL CATS to go back :)

10. This space is just stunning! I swear I could look at these photos all day.

11. Jen says:

I have stayed there and loved it. Get a michelada in that gorgeous courtyard, or iced coffee from Jo’s next door (which has live music sometimes).

My only wish is that the hotel’s pool were a bit bigger. Austin gets H-O-T.

12. phaydra says:

The outside of the hotel is magnificent, so naturally beautiful. It looks so relaxing there. Inside I like the white couch with all the colorful, mixed pattern pillows. Lovely pictures…I just want to lounge by that pool.

13. Bianca says:

Does anyone know where I can find that striped robe that’s hanging in the closet? I looked on the hotel’s website but they only sell an off-white spa type of robe! :(

14. Valerie says:

My goodness, how lovely! I think the outdoor spaces look the most divine though!

15. Lanyards says:

Thanks for sharing this Nice!! Great info great people great blog. Thank you for all the great sharing that is being done here. Thanks!

16. Amy says:

Ahhh Hotel San Jose is truly an Austin gem! Love stopping by there for a drink every now and then!

17. Angela says:

I agree! Staying there is a surreal experience! I truly loved every minute of my stay.