i take mine black.

i was inspired by these great color collage charts created by kontor kontur. this one, obviously honors the dark side of color – black. i’m pretty passionate about black in my home – i just like the way it pops in its own unique and bold way. here’s more about why i love black.

bonjour celine’s amazing quilt (above and below).

mokkasin polka-dotted blanket.

photographer line thit klein.

photographer jakob nyland.

jenna lyons’ beautiful bedroom.

lily’s wonderful workspace.

sk├Ânahem.

le souk bedding via apartment therapy.

Comments
16 Responses to “i take mine black.”
  1. mandie says:

That quilt is simply gorgeous! So glad you shared. :)

2. Kate says:

I totally agree. Theres something about black accents that creates contrast which actually makes a room look brighter…not sure if that makes sense. I also really like black in the bedroom, the black walls are quite intriguing.

Kate

3. Stephanie (afunhouse) says:

Love black! Thanks for the fun dark side inspired links today, that quilt is especially beautiful :)

4. marcie says:

Great piece. I love that you featured the no-color color!

marcie

5. Awesome. Your blog design is my favourite of all time :)

6. I love black! My etsy shop is filled with black typography posters, which get many positive comments, so I guess I’m not the only fan of this color!

7. Clare says:

I love the high contrast. I am normally drawn more towards pops of color, but there is something so striking about these touches of black!

8. Brandy says:

I so want that quilt!!!

9. I’ve always loved your black accent wall (walls?), though I confess that I am a bit too nervous to try black in my own home. How do people respond to your unconventional room? (I’m guessing they love it–)

10. ROZ LESCH says:

Ooooh yes I am loving that quilt! We are moving into winter here in NZ and I am searching for the perfect new bed linen but just can’t seem to find anything that I want to dream under ;O(

11. I’m setting up my new home, and using as much black furniture as the base. I’m enjoying adding splashes of color, but these pics of black and white are just gorgeous!

12. Black and white always will have my heart, beautiful finds!

13. Sara says:

what color is on the walls in the bedroom? love it…..