a visit to the rose bowl flea market.

when photographer bonnie tsang asked me i’d like to share photographs she snapped of jen and kelly of ban.do fame at the rose bowl flea market, how, or for heaven’s sake why, would i ever refuse? i *love* the rose bowl and it’s one of the things i miss the most not living in los angeles. let’s see the ban.do girls do their thrifting thing. thanks girls!

“i’ve been an avid swap-meeter for fifteen years. for me, there is nothing more rewarding than getting up at the crack of dawn and heading to the swap meet with some friends (or husband – he’s getting used to it now). the best part of all, now there is a real sense of purpose to my visits (where before it was really just hoarding). i am always looking for inspiration for ban.do. i find it the costume jewelry, vintage clothing, even the other swap meeters themselves. i never leave uninspired or empty handed. plus, now they sell beer, so it’s kinda a win win!”

– jen gotch, ban.do

• all photos by bonnie tsang.

Comments
17 Responses to “a visit to the rose bowl flea market.”
  1. Bekka says:

Oh man! I would love to go to the Rose Bowl with Bonnie, Jen & Kelly (and you to Victoria).

2. Rikki says:

I see so many great finds there from these photos alone! It looks amazing [:

3. I’d be in flea market heaven if I went here….so many treasures! Ahhh!

4. I get to go at least once a year and It is so much I never make it through the whole thing.
    It is such a good flea, sad the prices have gone up so high over the years, so ya really gotta dig to find a deal.
    Amy

5. Sharetta says:

I love the Rose Bowl. Great finds!

6. merlin513 says:

I’ve got that Kenmore Toaster in Red! Had no idea it was produced in other colors.
    Gave $5 for it at the local Children’s Home Thrift Market 15 years ago and other than the light/dark knob finally breaking off it works great! (have to use a pair of needle nose pliers to change the settings now)

7. What a fantastic looking flea market…..wish I lived closer.

8. Kate says:

Hey look! I was there, too! I bought this cute steampunk necklace pendant, made from an old Hamlton watch! I love that Rose Bowl flea market!! Glad it’s only once a month, or I’d be in debt! :P http://katejones.me/steampunk-necklace/

9. jacqueline says:

I’m so jealous of anyone who gets to go to the Rose Bowl flea market. We don’t have any cool flea markets around here and it bums me out. I would sell my left arm for that beaded dress hanging on the back of the van.

10. oh my god these photos make me lose my mind. you guys have it so good in california!!

11. This looks amazing! It makes me want to jump on the first flight to LA and check it out. I have put it on my list for the next time we are in LA

12. jess says:

I love flea markets and I haven’t been to a single one this season and that makes me sad! Agh!

13. Meghan says:

The largest flea on this coast is in Portland during the summer and it’s HUGE. Huge in the you can’t do it all one day. maybe not in 2. 100% worthy.

14. look see says:

It’s lucky I don’t get to go to that market – my purse would be so empty if I did!

15. Penny Patten says:

Oh, I would so love to go there! Looks like so much fun and great finds.

16. Rose bowl flea market is looking great as there everything is available. The accessories are looking so trendy. I will definitely visit this market very soon.