sunnyside up.

i adore this bedroom photographed by michael graydon — its pale pink and sunny yellow color palette just seems like a lovely place to be. like nothing bad could happen here — just happy thoughts and magically sweet dreams. i’m looking for some more of this palette. ready? here comes the sun.

amanda happĂ©’s amazing diy painted pocket door, via design*sponge; large diy felt floor pillows via purlbee; pink pop culture poster how to be a retronaut; and Tina Ratzer’s cozy yellow & white Twist a Twill blankets are made in Denmark, from gretal.

love this pizzeria in perth by S&M Mobilia, via retail design blog. i can see it working in a home kitchen and dining space just as well.

lovely prints from skinny laminx.

pretty in pink room from pinecone camp; diy wood and neon magnets from swoon; pikkuwares tulip pillow; andreas schmanski painting; pink floral dish towel from lisa rupp designs; and wonderful pink ampersand, via design*sponge.

mid-century but very modern pastel home furnishings from cby furniture.

Shereen de Rousseau’s SUNNY home office, designed by Nancy Riesco and photographed by janis at pinecone camp for Style At Home magazine.

Comments
14 Responses to “sunnyside up.”
  1. Bobbi says:

Who would think pink and yellow could look so sophisticated, but it certainly does here!

2. LOVE these colour combos – thanks!

3. Rikki says:

I’m in love with this color palette lately. So bright and fresh!

4. Eva says:

Geez I love this color combo, I think I might swing this way for our kitchen, I think it’ll look zesty!

5. Sydney says:

Beautiful images, I just love that color combo! The pizzeria place is perfect!

~Syd

6. Mo says:

We need this bright sunny inspiration up here outside of Vancouver, BC. It’s been grey and overcast for far too long. Thanks Victoria.

7. Funny, whenever I see this palette I think of you!. Thanks for this sunny dose of optimism!

8. Andrea says:

I’m not a real ‘pink’ kinda gal but I think I have been swayed, love these quirky room designs

9. Megan says:

Wow, I don’t see how you could ever be sad or grumpy in this house! So beautiful!

10. Well, I seemed to have missed this post! So much amazingness here. I can’t tell you how much I would love that sideboard by cby furniture. On another note, Victoria, you are a superstar at making sure everyone is credited properly, from the designers, to the magazine and the photographer. It’s much appreciated. Thanks for including a couple of my images in your happy pink post!

11. Courtney says:

Wheeeere did that chandelier come from!? I LOVE it!