book / shop.

well, this wonderful new online shop made my day. it’s called book/shop from Jessica and Erik Heywood. based in the bay area, BOOK/SHOP features a monthly curated book selection, art and broadsides, as well as small goods and furniture. i kinda just love their manefesto:

“We’re committed to the reading experience. The surprise of one page turning to the other. The little luxury of sitting in a great reading chair, inhaling the scent of a beautifully made book…”

their lovely line of introductory furnishings: small bookcases, inspired by 20th century classics. BOOK/SHOP also has a permanent installation going in at Gravel and Gold in the Mission later this month!

a book / shop happy customer: from Tyke O’Brien, “an educator who moonlights as a decorator” shares the vintage Richard Brautigan wideside “Five Poems” she purchased and framed beautifully above her Saarinen dining table.

Comments
15 Responses to “book / shop.”
  1. What a great shop, thanks for sharing.
    Xx
    Callie

2. courtney says:

What a wonderful idea! Book and beautiful chairs are among my favorite things.

3. Lauren says:

So happy to have discovered this! Books are one of my very favorite things and I love the idea of a curated collection of items to go with them.

4. Sandra says:

So clever and unique. The monthly book club requirements are charming. Sold!

5. What a great idea, and I totally agree – in love with the manifesto.

6. Erin says:

What a fabulous concept! But I’d never be able to shake the feeling that I was roaming around someone’s house uninvited ;)

7. LOVE that first image..what an amazing office full of books! Now off to check out Book Shop.

8. Robin says:

I love their aesthetic. And hmmm, how many amazing pieces of designer furniture can I spot? Bubble lamp, pretzel chair, laurel lamp, tulip table…it’s like a fun game of eye spy!

9. rena says:

they are on the list for our pop-up retail at Makeshift :)

10. Marjorie says:

Loving the style here… Very natural meets modern. So interesting that this is a shop — it looks better than my home!

11. Erik Heywood says:

Haha! Well, Marjorie, Robin, and Erin, I should probably clarify that that top image is not our shop- we’re online only right now. We chose that image for our “About” section because of the mood it creates. Glad you guys like it!