a new addition.

i just wanted to share a quick little update to my bathroom gallery. i went over to shoot christine & carlos of MCMF’s a few weeks ago (their house tour is here), and they gave me this lovely little painting to add to my collection – the waterfall scene on the lower right. i love it! i’ve just decided to go nutty in my weird little pink and blue tiled bathroom and cover the walls in vintage paintings. it’s just weird enough that i think the odd little gallery de toilette works well with the bad tile. here’s looking at you, new kid!

Comments
30 Responses to “a new addition.”
  1. katrina says:

nice addition!
    cutest bathroom EVER, by the way.

2. kathy says:

very charming. love the combination of the darker-colored paintings over the pink-ish tiles.
    also love seeing photos of your home. thanks, as always, for sharing.

kathy

3. Debra says:

Love the gallery and it is styled beautifully!!! My bathroom is the opposite of yours, blue tile with pink tile edging, plus the narcissistic owner has a mirror running down one wall and part of another, yikes!!!

4. this is so funny! when you can´t pee, because you have the feeling that someone´s watching you, you can get inspired by the waterfall!

5. I love art in a bathroom – we have a huge Picasso print in ours. xo!

6. Dre says:

Bad tile?! That’s a classic 30’s bathroom-I wish I had one just like it!

7. Cathy Jean says:

She’s a beauty, the one on-top of the john. You will have to share your secret on how you are hanging these. They seem to float. The one below the mirror is great too. They all look good like this.

8. Thea vintage says:

These paintings are so so beautiful. My mother have one that would suit your collection perfect!

9. courtney says:

I love your vintage tile! And the paintings are really lovely. Colorful bathrooms are my favorite. It’s nice to have something uplifting to look at when you’re showering and getting ready to leave the house.

10. One of the first bathroom art collections that I love! Bravo!

11. kathryn says:

what a great idea…a gallery in the bathroom!! i’d be in there all day taking bubble baths and looking at the art!!!

12. Mary says:

It works!

So, no shower head, only a bath? I visited a home in Sacto with a similar bath only situation, I put on my shower cap and enjoyed the bath, but wondered how it would be long term…

13. Robin says:

I have a bit of an obsessions with vintage oil paintings, specifically portraits, too. Enviable collection, my dear!

14. Victoria says:

I used to collect quirky artwork for my home too! every time that i would be at a thrift store and would come across some strange family portrait or photograph i’d wonder, why do they have this here? like someone is seriously gonna buy this?? which meant that i had to buy it.

15. Jude says:

I like how you’ve brought your black + white into your retro tiled bathroom. The art collection reminds me of MFK Fisher’s in her “Last House” in Glen Ellen. Rotating art for contemplation.

16. Dawna Jones says:

I love that you made the best out of the situation and it turned out to be sooooo adorable good for you!

17. Carolina says:

I love what you’ve done to your bathroom. I have a pretty big one (not that big but rather big for a 60m2 appartment) and never know how to tune it up.

18. Tonya says:

LOVE!!!! A dream bathroom.

19. Josie says:

Such a lovely bathroom! Do you mind if I ask where the soap dish is from?

20. nathalie peterson says:

Always inspired by you!

21. victoria says:

hello V!

might that flower vase painting be for sale (the one pictured with the pups)?

i hope the new settling in is going well!

22. Lori says:

Love, love, love that waterfall painting!