neon dream.

em design interiors creates fun interiors with powerful pops of color. Emily Mughannam is the designer behind em design interiors and also the author of the blog lucite + lavender. this is a project for showcase 2012, and is pretty much any teen’s dream room. enjoy the fantasy!

• all photos by Helynn Ospina.

Comments
34 Responses to “neon dream.”
  1. Leslie says:

oh my gosh – I LOVE the heart ceiling and the curtains!

2. Wow Nice ceiling! Must be a dream DIY. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

3. Kait says:

I love this room! I must know where to get the couch! Thanks for sharing.

4. Yaling says:

Wow! The heart ceiling is fun and beautiful.

5. sara says:

the most articulate thing that I can think of to say that expesses how much i love this is *GASP*

Seriously…too amazing

6. That couch is calling my name! I need a slumber party, stat.

7. Andrea says:

teen dream or MY DREAM? I love all the colors.

8. That ceiling is insane! LOVE IT. However, my neck is aching just thinking about putting that wallpaper up.

9. Polly says:

Wow I love that ceiling! And the colours are amazing. They manage to make it fresh yet warm/ cosy at the same time. I love it! x

10. Gorgeous gorgeous space! You are right- this would have been my DREAM ROOM as a teen. Actually, who am I kidding? I would still love to have this as my room. :)

11. Thanks for featuring this room, Victoria. The designer is my super talented little sister, Emily. She had an awesome team working with her on this project and the wallpaper on the ceiling is to die for. I also love the neon sign and I was responsible for the photo wall in the shape of a heart. We found two sisters to model for us and we used some of my personal Instagram photos and a few black and white Holga prints to make it happen. Super super super rad to see this on your site. Woohoo!

12. lexi says:

That ceiling is fantastic! If it’s wallpaper – I’d love to know the designer!
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

13. Igor says:

That light sign is just fab – and the message is so true!

14. I would have died and gone to heaven if I’d had this room growing up! My absolute favorite part is the vintage cart with the sodas. Perfect touch!!!

15. Thanks Victoria for sharing this! And thank you all for the wonderful comments. This was a fun room to design! The heart wallpaper on the ceiling is by a local SF designer TimothySue.com and it’s actually removable! Def check her out!
    I have a few of the pieces still available for sale if anyone is interested, please contact me.
    emily@emdesigninteriors.com

16. {gemmifer} says:

I am well beyond my teenage years, but I. WANT. THAT. CEILING.

17. Liz Stanley says:

This room is just stunning! I’m in love

18. margy says:

awwww. i. magnin hat box. great logo. great store. (wiping away tear) RIP.
    everything in this room is totally fabulous. love the lavender/chartreuse/fuschia curtains. yum.

19. I love the complete design! The color theme and the heart shape mural are the bomb!

20. JILLIAN says:

I saw this room at the showcase and was very jealous of this room. My teenage room was HIDEOUS. but this space, I love it, and I think it would be a space that grows with any teen. I mean, currently I would scoop up the light fixture and the heart shaped photo montage and the couch and…etc.

This room made me happy and I couldn’t say that for every room in that showcase.

21. Melanie says:

I think I want to marry this room.

22. Oh my! The neon, the curtains & the ceiling…what an amazing space. If only to be a teen again….

23. James says:

Is that neon sign custom? Who made it? It’s beautiful and IMPORTANT, my favorite kind of design.

24. Kari says:

So I have this post bookmarked and was just revisiting, and I am still blown away by how freaking cool this is.

25. claudia says:

where is the light fixture from?

26. braedyn says:

Does anyone know where I can get this couch