kitsch kitchen.

Welcome to Kitsch Kitchen! Danielle Thompson of the lovely blog Thompson Family life invited me to share This must-see and must-shop spot in Amsterdam which she photographed beautifully. Thankfully, Kitsch Kitchen isn’t just for the kitchen — is filled with fantastic tchotchkes, party decorations, home accessories, and furniture, all imported from the owners’ travels to exotic ports of call, like mexico and thailand. When I visited Amsterdam, I noticed these colorful Mexican oil cloths in shops everywhere, and especially adorning the bikes that fill amsterdam’s streets — from bike bags to seat covers, it was colorful and festive!

You can also follow Kitsch Kitchen on Facebook, and be sure to visit danielle’s blog a Thompson Family life for the full photo tour, and many more beautiful posts!

• All photos taken by © Danielle Thompson.

Comments
11 Responses to “kitsch kitchen.”
  1. I´ve been there. Such a great place, full of Acapulco chairs. I definitely one. Or one of thoses Spaghetti chairs?! Probably both!

2. Robin Baxter says:

What an eye catching dollop of color- love it!

3. Jacqueline says:

We’re inspired to hold our own kitschy fiesta now!

Xx Catherine Nicole Jewelry

4. Isn’t fab? It’s one if the best shops to visit when you’re in Amsterdam. Over the years I’ve written about this hotspot in several magazines. I just can’t give it enough credits ;-)

5. I want to live in this shop. No matter how busy I was on my work visits to the city, shopping here was on my to do list. Says something about my priorities?

6. Tina says:

I love the color of the walls! Beautiful shots!

7. Cathy says:

this is the absolute most beautiful home I have ever seen. It would be my dream home for sure!

8. Cathy says:

um, okay, so it’s really a store. I would still make my house look just like this, he he

9. kathleen says:

OHMYGOSHSOEXCITED! They finally have a web shop! I went to Nijmegen in 2008 and fell in love with the shop and was SO upset when I got back to the States and found their web presence so… lacking. Such a well-curated collection. It was as if the best of San Miguel de Allende was all smooshed into one amazing little shop. Awesomesauce.

10. eeeeek their website background nearly burned my eyeballs haha. but their shop is beautiful, nonetheless. thanks for sharing! that place is on my bucket list. xo!