going green.

man-oh-man. i saw this home photographed by trevor tondro for the new york times and had one of those swoon-worthy moments. i envy this casual, very bohemian and completely effortless look so much. it feels so lived in and comfortable. i’m also noticing a big trend towards the use of lots of green in decor lately which i think adds to that easy going, ‘i wanna hang out here’ factor — whether it be living plants, bold fresh kelly greens or softer, pale muted tones, everyone seems to be going green.

bold green bedding, via residence magazine.

vintage toy ironing board as plant stand from oh, albatross, via remodelista.

new york apartment brightened with living plants, via a cup of jo; and anthropologie blocked planter with succulent.

designer chelsea hing, via desire to inspire.

stylist tina hellberg captures the trend perfectly, above and below.

beautiful vintage chair via desire to inspire; and dresser loaded up with greenery, via stylist tina hellberg.

bohemian modern at its best, via making nice in the midwest.

Comments
15 Responses to “going green.”
  1. allie says:

Making Nice in the Midwest! That’s my friend, Mandi..she rules! :)

2. I understand why they say, Green are good for the eyes :-) this is really eye candy! Thanks the inspiration and have a great Day.

3. My apartment needs some succulents big time!

4. courtney says:

Really lovely. Both of those bedrooms caught my eye, and even though they’re quite different, I’d be very content in either one. Green is typically a very healing color as it is associated with the heart chakra. Every room could probably do with a little bit of green.

5. doesnt the greenery just KILL it? i think it makes everything feel so alive.

ps – congrats on the Best Blogs list — YAY!!!!

6. Oh my, oh my, oh my!
    I want to sit on those green couches for the rest of my life!

7. mat says:

really like green, big fan of the lockers and the leather one seater

8. The collage of images behind that luscious green couch is just too much goodness. Such a great and inexpensive way to personalize a space. That’s a nap room for sure.

9. Jen Herr says:

Just beautiful! Love it all.

10. ally says:

i live in oregon and i never realized how much i wanted to bring the green outside, inside with me until recently. this is a great collection.. and that bedspread… man.

11. sandy says:

Yay, so glad I stumbled upon you. Gorgeous curation of images and style. Cheers.