the light fantastic.

ahhh, what a house! meet St. Francis House in Cambridgeshire just outside of london — a former monastery which has been cleverly converted into a fantastic light-filled home. it’s also one of light locations’ roster of fantasic spaces available for photo shoots in the uk. such an eclectic and charming mix of vintage collections with some eye-catching modern furniture and lighting.

• all photos courtesy of light locations.

Comments
18 Responses to “the light fantastic.”
  1. jenn says:

so calm an peaceful. I’d love to know the color in that living room and get my hands on one of those lights!!

2. Just, WOW. Airy, bright and cheerful. Love it!

3. oh my gosh, the light fantastic indeed. It’s giving me some ideas for my home.

4. Perfection: light, white, natural, sparkly. Brilliant!

5. cat says:

love love love the lighting!

6. esther says:

I absolutely love the design of the rooms. The choice of windows, layout and decor really facilitate a beautiful, light atmosphere. [files images away for future decorating reference]

7. Alli says:

These photographs and this interior design is just breathtaking. I have a similar dark wood floor at my house, and have been struggling to dream up the right paint color for my walls…so color me inspired! Thank you for this beautiful post!

8. margy says:

i think this is the most beautiful house i’ve ever seen. and there’s an english bull terrier above the old fireplace opening in the kitchen. it just doesn’t get any better than that.

9. Wow! 2 words, the floors! Love the old distressed furniture with the beautiful floors and the modern accents.

10. Guémalde says:

just SUPERB !! I love it !! Thanks a lot !! Guém

11. all the time i used to read smaller posts that as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this
    post which I am reading at this time.

12. Melani says:

I’d love to know the paint color too!

• victoria says:

sorry – it’s in the UK so i’m not sure we could even get it here.

• Melani says:

I emailed light locations yesterday and a wonderfully helpful lady named Nicole emailed me right back with the colour! It’s farrow & ball – cornforth white. Thanks for posting these pictures I’ve got to pick colours for my living room today and I’ve been having a hard time choosing but luckily Cornforth white was one of the four I had it narrowed down to so the pic was enough to make the choice final.

• victoria says:

oh wow! that’s awesome! i’m glad she was so helpful! :)

13. I love this home – so serene and stylish. Love the white/light airy rooms and the additional warmth from the rustic furniture and natural woodwork. As for the mirror in the first room – what a feature – stunning.