read more books: a book drive & giveaway.
one can never have enough books. i think reading online is great and all, and most certainly suits its wonderful purpose, but the cover and spine of a book, its pretty pages filled with beautiful words and pictures — just so inspiring, right? well, maybe i can have a few too many books, as i tend to hoard them. so i had a thought that maybe that’s the case with you too, and you might be willing to relinquish one or two?
makeshift society is opening its door mid-september and we have sky-high bookcases we need to fill so that members will have an abundance of learning materials in our lending library. makeshift is receiving generous donations from chronicle books, laurence king and princeton architectural press, but we still need to fill those shelves. that’s where you come in. if you have some design and reference books you’d be willing to donate — even just one — please send them our way, and we’ll give away a $50 amazon gift card at random. so you can buy more books!
if you’d like to inscribe your book, we’d love that, too. any sentiment, anything you’d think members would be inspired by, a certain passage, what you learned – we’d love for you to inscribe that right inside the front cover. and sign it with your name, so makeshift can always remember your contribution.
to send us a book, or two, and enter the drawing to win the $50 amazon gift card:
• mail us your book(s) via usps media mail (so it doesn’t cost you an arm & a leg! it’s only around $3-4 bucks) to:
235 gough street
san francisco, ca 94102
• send any book you think members can learn from, be it interior design, crafts, architecture, photography, language, typography, any skill at all — that’s what we’re in need of.
• include a business card, 3×5 card, or a piece of paper with your email address on it.
• we’ll draw a winner at random from all the donations received.
• photo of open books, by Kent Rogowski.