THE JEALOUS CURATOR: ART GOES HERE.

hello again! i’m back, and this time i found a room with a bit of a bohemian feel to it – perfect for sfgirlbybay, yes? yes!

oh, such a cozy, eclectic space – hm, a perfect place to hang some eclectic art:

i love this so much! it’s a huge, mixed media piece, titled “necklace”, by australian artist kate tucker. paper, leather, and all sorts of bits and pieces – yep, i’d definitely put ┬áthis under “eclectic”!

now, there are so many amazing textures in the pillows and throws on that couch – it makes we want to put a whole bunch of texture on the wall, so i’m gonna:

ah, the work of american artist stacey page. found photographs, with just the perfect amount of bizarrely beautiful embroidery. now all you need is a bunch of vintage gold frames, and you’ll be all set to hang this stunning little cluster!

ok, this next bit of work is one of my favorite new finds:

gah! the wooden, moveable girls of brooklyn based artist claire oswalt. i want all of these i tell you, all of these!!!

so there you have it. bohemian room, bohemian art. love! now, who wants to curl up in that sheepskin and read a book? me too!

see you soon ~ danielle {aka the jealous curator} xo

Comments
20 Responses to “THE JEALOUS CURATOR: ART GOES HERE.”
  1. Rox says:

I love that mixed media necklace piece! I honestly don’t think I’ve seen anything like that…

2. sue says:

i think you have outdone yourself with this one!!! i love kate tucker’s work & that necklace has caught my eye before… but i equally adore your other two picks as well… quirky, colourful & textured… beautiful!!!

3. You seriously have hit the jackpot with this piece. It is brilliant. Kate Tucker’s necklace piece is just beyond. However, for some reason, those wooden girls kinda scare me.

4. Brianna says:

Wow. Just amazing. I love all these pieces! But I have to say I am especially fascinated with the wooden girls too – sign me up for the parka ladies!

5. Another vote for the wooden girls! I just checked out the full site and I absolutely love the 3-D effect of the wooden girls + watercolor pieces.

6. I am in love with the necklace piece!! The embroidered pieces are really cool too. If you haven’t seen already you might like http://maricormaricar.com/#tactiles.html they do some really cool work with embroidered text!

x

7. Kathryn says:

What an amazingly beautiful collection of fun and funky stuff! I really love the mixed media necklace. Mostly what I love, though, is seeing a true sense of cohesive style throughout the collection here even though each piece is unique!

8. Mandi says:

I love this post series that you do.
    An bohemian room, that’s my heaven! I’m loving the “necklace” artwork. Such a good pick.

9. Super!!!!The living room so cozy and the art ”neclace” rocks!!

10. Caroline says:

So funny, my graduation project on art school involved embroidering on photos! Although I have to admit my embroidery skills were (and still are) very basic so it didn’t look half as good as these…

11. kim says:

Oh that necklace!! So many things about it to like! Layer love!

12. Miss B. says:

I really love to see what treasures you chose, it’s so interesting to get a peek into your process!

13. thanks for your lovely comments everyone!!!
    d xo

14. Whimsical says:

it’s gotta be the ‘big’ necklace!