the great pumpkin.

call me an anarchist, but i don’t really care for halloween decorations (or the christmas season’s red & green, for that matter). i am not a fan of orange and black — at least not together in heavy doses. but i do like a hint of that pretty pumpkin shade scattered here and there. it’s actually quite a modern color, orange — don’t you think? i saw this shot of anna malin’s home via decor8 and quite liked that orange splash above the muted dining chairs. so, in the spirit of the san francisco giant’s playoff season and halloween creeping up around the corner, i humbly give you — the great pumpkin.

gabriel designs for O.R.Y.Magazine.

hans wegner chair from inspiring living.

elisabeth aarhus.

stilleban poster; at swim two birds ‘swirl’.

Oval Leather Chair by Garza Marfa at heath ceramics.

Joyce Lee “The Novel” photographic print via the beholder.

trine thorsen’s dining room.

living etc. magazine.

lindsey adelman.

Comments
10 Responses to “the great pumpkin.”
  1. Alexa says:

That leather chair is fabulous, as are the hanging lights!

2. I love a punch of orange in just about any space. You eye is just drawn to it. Love the Garza Marfa chair!

3. helen says:

that leather chair is ridiculous…xo

4. rachael says:

yeah, i kinda hate orange, but a few of these ticked my fancy. which one was your favourite?

rachael

5. victoria, i love this anti-halloween ode.
    those pendant lights are super.

have a lovely weekend.

6. Sue says:

I didn’t used to like orange at all, but it’s really grown on me. Love the splash of color in all these rooms. Thanks.

7. Latrina says:

Oh, I agree. I’ve never been a big fan of the combination of orange & black together… but these! These are some really gorgeous rooms. It’s amazing how some of them are so well thought-out, the single orange item really brings the entire room together.

8. Cathy Jean says:

I’m loving everything about each and every interior in these photo’s. Orange is a color (I used to hear) that was used in Restaurants to get people to eat and get out! But I love it. Grew up with an orange wall to wall shag carpet (ugh), orange counter-tops and an orange Swedish style fire-place of which my mother gave away when she had it replaced! MOTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

9. Jenn says:

Had to pin that orange hans wegner desk chair.