cozy up with ikea.

i was at ikea this week and scored this awesome book of theirs, beloved homes (it was a mere $7.99!). A book about nine much-loved homes in the Scandinavian style, beloved homes shares home tours with wonderful ideas incorporating ikea furnishings and accessories filled with character. From a tiny but clever apartment to a sprawling eighteenth-century house, there’s some great ideas here. i’m curled up in bed, reading it now, so i thought i’d take you along. Welcome to beloved homes by Stina Holmberg, and photographs by Stellan Herner and including sweet illustrations by Klas FahlĂ©n.

Comments
13 Responses to “cozy up with ikea.”
  1. Octavia says:

Love the Scandinavian style! Especially the dinning room table and chairs! I have been taking inspiration from The Apartment a danish interior deisgn company here is some of there looks!

2. Yay to IKEA! The always get everything right. The homes in this book look really fab, I must pick up a copy next time I’m there.

3. Oh I love Ikea! I will get a copy of this as soon as possible.

4. Greta says:

Oh, I love that book! I also just adore the IKEA cook book! Great Swedish recipes and lovely photos! http://www.dezeen.com/2010/10/01/homemade-is-best-by-ikea/

Have a nice weekend!

5. Rox says:

love me some ikea. what a great book for inspiration.

6. Diane says:

You manage to integrate Ikea into a refreshing, personal style. Love it!

7. alyssa a says:

I’ve never not boughten anything every time I go to Ikea. What a lovely book with so much inspiration.

8. Sparkie says:

Need I remind you that you’ve been looking for this book for five years?

Yes, a true OG follower here. I’ve looked for that book off and on since seeing it on your blog then. Looks like a trip to Emeryville’s in store… No chance you bought an extra or 2, is there?

9. shalini says:

Looks very promising. Love Scandinavian style and simplicity.

10. Casey says:

Love that book. Found one on amazon a while back. Do you happen to know where that blue ceiling light is from? I didn’t think it was ikea…

11. The book is marvelous, it shows off Ikea products in a whole new light.

12. lisen says:

I have the same book, it is great! Love it!