cozy up with ikea.

i was at ikea this week and scored this awesome book of theirs, beloved homes (it was a mere $7.99!). A book about nine much-loved homes in the Scandinavian style, beloved homes shares home tours with wonderful ideas incorporating ikea furnishings and accessories filled with character. From a tiny but clever apartment to a sprawling eighteenth-century house, there’s some great ideas here. i’m curled up in bed, reading it now, so i thought i’d take you along. Welcome to beloved homes by Stina Holmberg, and photographs by Stellan Herner and including sweet illustrations by Klas Fahlén.

Comments
13 Responses to “cozy up with ikea.”
  1. Octavia says:

Love the Scandinavian style! Especially the dinning room table and chairs! I have been taking inspiration from The Apartment a danish interior deisgn company here is some of there looks!

2. Yay to IKEA! The always get everything right. The homes in this book look really fab, I must pick up a copy next time I’m there.

3. Oh I love Ikea! I will get a copy of this as soon as possible.

4. Greta says:

Oh, I love that book! I also just adore the IKEA cook book! Great Swedish recipes and lovely photos! http://www.dezeen.com/2010/10/01/homemade-is-best-by-ikea/

Have a nice weekend!

5. Rox says:

love me some ikea. what a great book for inspiration.

6. Diane says:

You manage to integrate Ikea into a refreshing, personal style. Love it!

7. alyssa a says:

I’ve never not boughten anything every time I go to Ikea. What a lovely book with so much inspiration.

8. Sparkie says:

Need I remind you that you’ve been looking for this book for five years?

Yes, a true OG follower here. I’ve looked for that book off and on since seeing it on your blog then. Looks like a trip to Emeryville’s in store… No chance you bought an extra or 2, is there?

9. shalini says:

Looks very promising. Love Scandinavian style and simplicity.

10. Casey says:

Love that book. Found one on amazon a while back. Do you happen to know where that blue ceiling light is from? I didn’t think it was ikea…

11. The book is marvelous, it shows off Ikea products in a whole new light.

12. lisen says:

I have the same book, it is great! Love it!