modern goth.

i came across this fab, and rather goth looking living room in est magazine and it got me thinking about that television show American Horror Story. Have you ever watched it? it scared the bejesus out of me! the family lives in this haunted, but incredibly glamourous but run down old mansion and plan to make it amazing, but all those darn ghosts never quite let them get to it. pity that – now that’s a show i could watch! but i do love a home with a history, and especially one that has a modern spin — like huge gilt mirrors with modern chandeliers hanging from those ornate old ceiling medallions. the contrast is just so interesting. anyway, in the spirit of the impending holiday (boo!), i thought a look at modern goth might be fun.

apartment therapy; and marieaunet.

lindsey adelman boom burst chandelier.

the safari chair designed by Kaare Klint; ebony cutlery from canvas; criss cross gray & black pillow from jonathan adler; and gold safety pins via kakform.

eva gentry’s fabulous black tufted daybed via rum magazine.

eva gentry design; weekday carnival; and elle decor south africa.

juju hat from table tonic; columbia road wallpaper from wallpaper collective; and elle decor.

gothic family portrait collection via trendey.

Comments
17 Responses to “modern goth.”
  1. I have to say I LOVE this post! Tis is how I am I visioning my home….. It’s getting there!
    That daybed is gorgeous, I will have to hit your source and see if I can find out more about it!
    Xx
    Callie

2. love, love, love this post.

i watched the last season of AHS and can’t watch any more of it, but this post is something that i can handle.

wonderful.

3. Octavia says:

Love this look! especially the blackened mirror! Such a great focus piece to have! I love throwing in a bit of gothic in all my rooms but love adding a singular color as well! http://www.amazine.com/story/935840

4. Flora says:

When I first moved into my house, I went a little crazy with colors and quickly grew tired of them. I’ve come to the realization that greys, whites, black and wood are what I will always go back to. Kinda like the photos in this post.

5. Angela says:

This is great. I love that it is kind of dark but it still feels romantic at the same time. Lovely!

6. Gorgeous post! And thank you so much! I have been looking for a chair like that for a client :)

7. Rox says:

I’m legit obsessed with this post. It basically visually describes my entire ‘dark’ aesthetic. Love the little frames on the black wall- makes me want to do that in my apartment!

8. kiki says:

wow! i never knew goth could be pretty. love it.

9. Ashley says:

The new season, American Horror Story Asylum, just started two weeks ago and its awesome. Maybe scarier than the first. Definitely more interesting, if at all possible. I love this post and the aesthetic. Modern goth is glam.

xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

10. hannah sas says:

I LOVE this gothic look, especially the dirty looking mirrors and pints!
    This is how i really want to decorate my new flat, really want to buy one of these cool lockers as a wardrobe!!

11. ahhh…so many beautiful things, so little time. no one throws down the b/w palettes quite like you victoria – love it!

12. Love these images, especially that boom burst chandelier!

13. Cori Magee says:

awesome post! i have a major crush on that lindsey adelman chandelier!

14. LOCZIdesign says:

This is seriously perfection and actually quite cheery—L.O.V.E.!

15. suzanne says:

Ha! I’ve read your blog for years, but never commented. The home in the first image belongs to my husbands boss and his wife! Your title, “Modern Goth” is really spot on.