color pop.

i’ve been noticing this trend of painting a ‘faux’ wainscoting on walls these days — giving the illusion of wainscoting without the molding. just a swipe of bright color or some color blocking on a wall makes a room visually interesting, without spending a lot of time or money — just the cost of painting a pop of color. i like those kinds of diy fixer-uppers. easy on you, easy on the wallet and the look is eclectic and fun.

from the pages of rue magazine.

a bold staircase, via blog by mildred.

a pop of color makes this mantel stand out, via the design files.

love the idea of colorblocking walls, via dwell magazine.

clive tompsett photography for Sköna Hem.

and, how about an ombre wall? this is clever idea for painting shingles, via the sfgate.

• PERSIMMONS via apartment therapy thekitchn.

Comments
11 Responses to “color pop.”
  1. Karena says:

The ombre technique is really beautiful and unique. I love the colorblocking as well!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artists Series

2. I was wide awake and loving the pics until I saw that crunchy couch image from Clive Tompsett. Now I just want to take a lazy nap on that pillow-laden wonder. I am lovin’ that whole thing up there, pink half wall and all.

3. EM-K says:

loving this technique – thanks for sharing!

4. I love this trend as well! Especially that second pic from the bottom. Perfection.

5. Janet says:

Beautiful.

But can we please retire the phrase ” pop of color”?

6. Marjory says:

Interesting trend. Love these splashes of color. Delicious!

7. eye candy. i LOVE the pink and yellow color blocking 3rd from the top.
    thank you!

8. It is wonderful
    These are great pics…and the place is beautiful :-)
    I love your blog :x

9. Noor says:

I love this. I am really into neutrals so a pop of color works for me.

10. umanbn says:

I love the colour block walls and the rope banister though I’m not too sure how safe that is lying at the top of the stairs… :)

11. teresa says:

I love these ideas! I keep thinking of making a slipcover for summer in the pink linen from IKEA that would be similar to the one in the above photo. The pink on that wall is very nice too. Oh, and that is is two-toned! OK, I just love that room!