i could live here: a fashionista’s home in amsterdam.

hello, si from the french by design blog here. so happy and honored that victoria asked me to become a regular contributor of this blog and hand pick homes from around the world to share with you. today, we’re heading to amsterdam.

swedish fashion designer ulrika lundgren, her husband janne and their sons luca and felix, live in this mid-century, clean-lines and minimalist flat in the heart of amsterdam, the netherlands. originally a school, the building features high ceilings and lots of light that pours in through the high industrial-style windows. through the use of very cleverly thought built-in storage and cupboards, ulrika was able to transform this 150-square-meter  – 1,600-square-foot – flat into an ingenious clutter-free and minimalist space. brilliant!

si – french by design

• all photos by kasia gakowska for elle decoration u.k..

Comments
17 Responses to “i could live here: a fashionista’s home in amsterdam.”
  1. Lisette says:

I could live there too – what a gorgeous place!!

2. Love the black and white color scheme. So clean and catchy. A modern design for sure. Love.

3. miluccia says:

Hi Si so happy to find you here!!!!
    what a beautiful apartement! I could live here too…! xx

4. Alessia says:

Amazing, what a space for a flat! Love the black floor and clean lines.

5. I want that kitchen!
    The entire space is amazing, love how they incorporated the warm wood throughout!
    Xx
    Callie

6. Anna G. says:

So glad to see Si as a regular contributor here! Looking forward to lots of fab house tours, starting with this one which is just amazing! Thanks :)

7. Ooooh, I could live there too.

8. wmbg says:

i, also, could live here.

9. nannette says:

Great apartment. What a space for an Amsterdam apartment!
    Love the gallery in the kids’ room.

10. Tiffanie says:

Dreamy. Thanks for introducing her blog. I hadn’t seen it before, but I am eating it up! :)

11. Anna E says:

Great to see a new contributor, welcome Si! What an awesome first post too, I LOVE the black floors and staircase

12. Margas says:

What I love the most is the wall decor combo above the settee. Really delicate and well thought-out.

13. duygu says:

Are these pictures from Elle UK’s web site or from the digital magazine directly? I’d love to read the original article but I couldn’t find it on the website.
    Thanks!
    d.

14. Love how modern and clean it is. I could certainly take care of those two yellow chair if they ever need me to :)

15. Hi Si-
    What a treat to see you here!
    Mary Jo

16. So glad to be here and even happier to read that you all loved this flat. Thank you all for your sweet comments. Merci, merci beaucoup! Si-

17. Laura Passey says:

Fabulous! I am just buying my first apartment in a converted turn-of-the-20th-century school, so this has got me even more inspired and excited! Mille mercis!!