Anh-Minh Le.

“Ultimately, my home is a representation of my past, present, and future. From one of my favorite spots in the house—the daybed in the living room—I can see an abstract painting acquired from a gallery in Vietnam (where I was born); an overflowing container of matchbooks (picked up during various trips); stacks of research material for the articles I’m currently working on (I live under constant deadline pressure); and photos of family and friends (of course). I can also envision, as I look over at the adjacent dining room—with its 10-foot table that most days is far more than my husband and I require!—holiday gatherings that are to come. No matter where we’ve lived, our decorating efforts have always emphasized one thing: bringing in reminders of the people and places that we hold dear.”

– Anh-Minh Le, editor in chief of Anthology

• photos by Kelly Ishikawa.

Comments
12 Responses to “Anh-Minh Le.”
  1. Clearly Anh-Minh’s home is as gorgeous as her magazine. I love how her home tells a story and has an abundance of light!

2. So in love with the color everywhere. – ALT for Living

3. Jen says:

Beautiful. Where is the dining table purchased? Lurv!

4. Anh-Minh says:

Hi Jen! The dining table was purchased from HD Buttercup in SF. At the end of the year, I think they usually hold a Friends & Family sale where everything is 20% off.

5. aphrochic says:

What a beautiful feature Victoria! I absolutely love Anh-Minh and her style.

6. Mike says:

It’s wonderful! Could someone tell me what the container of matchbooks was originally used for? Seems like I’ve seen something like that once before but can’t remember it’s purpose. Thank you :)

• Anh-Minh says:

Hi Mike! The glass vessel was something Anthropologie carried a few years ago, and it was described as a candy jar. I later found out that it’s made by a Philly-based company called Lostine (www.lostine.com).

7. Gina says:

What a beautiful space! Where did you find then bench with the storage underneath? I’ve been looking for something similar with a place for shoes.
    Thanks!

• Anh-Minh says:

Hi Gina! I picked it up at Anthropologie a few years ago. It’s a vintage piece that apparently came from an old school gymnasium. Someone should make a reproduction! Because the size is really great (not too deep or long, so it fits well in most spaces) and it’s so practical.

8. Joanna says:

Gorgeous interior and a lot of lovely home decorations.

9. MMonk says:

Wow! especially loving the dining room chairs.