i could live here : a remodeled roof-top flat in paris.

hello, si from the french by design blog here. Today, in this regular “i could live here” series, we’re heading to paris, france. attachez vos ceintures* and bon voyage!

oh, now that’s another place i could easily live in! this is the home of isabelle, matthieu, and their 4-year-old son, arsène. isabelle and her companion are both architects, and transformed the abandoned attic of an old covent in the heart of the city of lights into a cosy interior, thanks to a dark color palette and a few brilliant interior design ideas. isabelle drew the front door, the staircase, the living room teak bookcase and the fireplace to name a few, and local artisans and craftsmen let their magic hands to the rest. little arsène can therefore enjoy sleeping in a dream-come-true wooden cabin-bed in his bedroom. now, how seriously cool is this?

si –- french by design

* [transl. from french : fasten your seatbelts]

• photos by louise desrosiers for milk magazine via l’atelier d’archi.

Comments
18 Responses to “i could live here : a remodeled roof-top flat in paris.”
  1. i could specifically live on that couch. or the little bed-fort in the kids room…

2. nora says:

can i move in with you?

3. This home is really amazing!I can’t take my eyes off of the photos!

4. i could SO live here! I love the optical illusion effect of the jars on the shelf.

5. Victoria says:

Oh, how delightful. YES!

6. Claire says:

J’adore! I have used the same palette of colors in my apartment in Paris and I love the cozy atmosphere it gives to a place. Mention spéciale for Arsène’s room :)

7. Wow, one of the most unique and captivating projects I’ve come across in recent memory! Plus, the kids bedroom fort is very cool!

8. Sally says:

wow, this place is incredible! i absolutely love the kitchen, and there are just so many lovely details!

9. What a fantastic house! Really my thing! Great blog – mine is not as big as yours , but getting there ;)) thnx for having a look: http://www.femkeido.blogspot.nl/

10. Gwyn says:

I could totally live here.
    I would want to sleep in the wooden cabin :P

11. l'atelier d'archi says:

thank’s a lot !!!!

12. Thank you @L’Atelier d’Archi! Awseome home and fab’ style! {merci plutôt à vous, j’adore votre appart’ et votre style!}

13. Belle découverte , j’adore l’esprit de cet appartement et surtout semble agréable à vivre. Joli travail, belle déco. Bravo!

14. Rachel says:

That kitchen is so great! I love the wall colors throughout too!

15. brutalux says:

très belle applique sur la 2….

16. Kevin says:

Love the look of the place, but do those stair actually have no outside railing with a 4yr old in the house? It would make me insane with worry. Looks to be a 10ft drop to a hard floor near the top.

17. Love this place. Flat roofs are everywhere and this place takes the cake.