that old black magic.

i’ve been coveting one of these long arm, mid-century modern looking black lamps for some time now. there’s so many variations on these — i think one of serge mouill iconic fixtures would make me happiest of all, but i’d be happy let any one of these bright lights shine their goodness upon me.

clockwise, l to r: jason koharik lamp via lawson-fleming; the serge mouille rotating two-arm wall sconce; the Type 600 counterpoised standard lamp designed and constructed by Rosmarie and Rico Baltensweiler; the serge mouille three-arm floor lamp.

clockwise, l to r: factory satellite from schoolhouse electric; lonngren widell photography; heidi lerkenfeldt photography; wo & wé collection’s Industrial swing wall-mount double arm lamp.

clockwise, l to r: atelier 159 gras lamp; organic modernism aptly-named trilight; serge mouille three-arm wall lamp; and the praying mantis floor lamp from organic modernism.

clockwise, l to r: reid floor lamp from anthropologie; Grasshopper Lamp Black Black-Greta Grossman from atelier 159; and one forty three’s industrial wall lamp.

• top image via helt enkelt.

Comments
13 Responses to “that old black magic.”
  1. Tifa says:

Ugh. Want. All of em.
    And on top of that, the pillow in the first picture. I’ll take that, too. Come to think of it, may I request a post for some shibori or tie dye pillows that are available in the US? (Maybe even *gasp* affordable ones?) I see so many lovelies on sites, but they’re more often than not Scandinavian and the nicest ones on Etsy are out of my price range.
    Anyone seen any nifty thrifty ones?

2. Chelsea says:

That pillow in the top photo is just gorgeous. I love this lamp roundup. I am stocking up a wish list for our new place with the best of the best, and one or two of these certainly made the cut. xo

3. Black is magic, isn’t it? Love all these, but especially the first image. The painted antlers are super cool and of course, the lamp as well.

4. Yelle says:

Super classic! Even better though, I love that black antler!

5. martine says:

Love black lamps very much. I also have one, and I am very happy with it.
    Never boires.. Have a nice evening.
    Greet Martine.

6. jennifer says:

One day the Grasshopper Lamp will be mine. I have no idea how, but it NEEDS to happen!

7. faye says:

i need one of these!

8. fabulous post! i’ve long been an admirer of these black beauties, but how to choose ?

9. brutalux says:

magnifique sélection…

10. J says:

I’m not a “must-pay-8200$” kind of person, so just fyi, you can get – still pricey – knockoffs of the Serge lamps at White on White, I believe? Of course, it doesn’t look like the detail and attention to shape is quite there.

11. J says:

oh, sorry, so it’s already up there.

12. Rachel says:

We are renovating our entire house and I want some of these wall-mounted lamps! So glad you posted on this!