thoughts for a friday.
i know, i know. i always, since the dawn of blog time (i.e. 2006) have said, ‘oh, and happy, happy friday’. and i tried to switch it up once and there was a rebellion of unheard-of proportions. but you must know by now that of course i wish you a happy friday, so i feel it’s just a tad redundant. maybe, instead i can leave you with a few parting and useful thoughts each weekend, or at the very least share what i’m thinking about, how the week’s comments gave me insight, or just share a good book with you. so, from here on out (until i change my mind again), here are my thoughts for a friday. and, oh, happy, happy friday — just for old time’s sake.
• first off — i shared my new cottage space with you this week and while a lot of you liked it (thank you!) many of you thought it could use a pop of color and personality and i tend to agree. so i’m working on those ideas. one idea you inspired was to make another blow-up print to live side by side with the rose garden. i love this very personal one by andy warhol of dominique de menil i saw in this month’s lonny magazine. i thought perhaps i could achieve a similar one with a photograph taken with after glow, my new favorite photography app.
• i also found this great wool crewelwork pillow at anthropologie that i went ahead and ordered. it’s a trey speegle paint by numbers of cabbage roses, which i thought added color, and picked up on the rose motif i have going on in the print above the sofa, but without being too precious. we’ll see how well it works!
• i still want to make these dip-dyed wooden spoons. i realize they’ve been around, but i’m slow with the diy. i need to work up steam to take on these projects.
• i think you will love this book — beautiful ruins by jesse walter. a little bit 1962 hollywood meets the italian rivera. a gorgeous read with a lot of sentimentality but not in a cheesy way. obviously, i lack skills in book reviewing, but i loved every page of it.
• and lastly, but possibly very importantly — i am always looking for submissions for home tours. so if you have a home you think would be a great fit for the blog, please do send it my way, or even better submit it to this flickr group i’ve set up.
have a great weekend. love, v.