living things.

matsuki-kousuke

i still feel like my home looks bare. i need color, and i think some pretty living things. i’ve brought a few plants in — a fiddle leaf fig, and some succulents. still, it needs more. here’s some plant life i really like. not too much, but just enough.

woodnote-photography

kinfolk home by woodnote photography (above and below).

kinfolk-home-by-woodnote-photography

at-swim-two-birds

at swim two birds.

andreashaw_peppermint-mag

olga bennett for peppermint magazine, via stampel.

greenery

a paper aeroplane.

ethanollie

ethanollie.

angs-school

angs school.

refinery29
refinery29.

• top image matsuki kousuke via satsuki shibuya.

Comments
23 Responses to “living things.”
  1. Chelsea says:

That succulent/cactus combo is just so beautiful. A little greenery can really breathe life into a space. Excited to see what you do with it. xo

2. Rebekah says:

I’m so with you! I have two little plants, rosemary and basil, in leftover planters. I’m starting to feel the need to grow and connect to living things. Maybe the natural push towards the end of winter and beginning of Spring?

3. I always believed that I have the green thumb, now I sure. Still my home as an undergrad is a little bit small so I can’t have all the plants that I want to have (a.k.a. a jungle in my house). Anyway, I’m cool with that, plants make me happy! :)

tsiou, from  In Whirl of Inspiration

4. Joanna says:

I have to be surrounded by green and living at home or else I feel like I am suffocating (#drama)… and after the holidays I seem to crave all things pretty, feminine, and fresh – hyacinths, jasmine, roses, and orange blossom!

5. amanda says:

Agreed! Living things breathe new life into spaces, literally but also in a less tangible way. That said, the rope pedestal on that table is to die for! Such texture!

amanda

6. Joani says:

Yes, more plants please! House plants bring me such happiness, especially in the winter. I am learning to keep them alive, as it does not seem to be my forte (outdoor gardens – no problem). Thank you for gathering all these lovely, inspiring photos.

7. Meg says:

They are all so precious.

8. I’m obcessed with plants at home – so much so that the hubs told me that I’m at my house plant limit … for now. :-)

9. shawna says:

moldy terra cotta pots are only cute when they’re not YOUR moldy terra cotta pots.

10. Petra says:

Very beautiful! The mix of those freestanding plants, the harmonious combos…a breath of fresh air in winter and arranged in a ‘free’ way, nothing looks forced (if you know what I lmean). I also love your pictures, especially the first one!

11. Liv says:

Oh, I love this post! Surrounding yourself with plants is so important! I hope you’ll show us when you’ve added some to your home x

12. Excellent post. One indulgence we have here in Hawaii are orchids. They grow so well.

13. i was just thinking the same thing about my new place. you’ve inspired me (again!) … off to the plant store tomorrow! xo

14. kim says:

Victoria- I love the idea of cutting a nicely shaped small limb from a tree and popping it into a tall dramatic vase. It lasts a week with zero care. Or a big bush, anything green. As usual beautiful post- that rubber plant reminds me of an old rubber plant that my mom had for years!

15. Linnea says:

Beautiful! One inspiring place for greenery and amazing gifts is in the East Bay – Flowerland Nursery on Solano in Albany.

16. annmarie says:

Oh, I love all of these! So simple and green.

17. Cassie says:

Such great, green inspiration! I need to incorporate more greens.

18. Ashley says:

I would love to get a big fig tree. Do you know of a good place to purchase one in SF?

• victoria says:

ashley – i can’t remember the name of the spot, but it’s inside the flower mart and it’s the second shop on your left when you drive in. there’s a very nice woman that runs it and she usually has a few fig trees out front.

19. This is really a great inspiration.I love all of these.

fashion iPhone app

20. Debbie says:

Hi there!

I love these succulent ideas. I am looking for the original source of that succulent arrangment in the rusty cake tin. You’ve put down a link, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. Can you help me out?
    xxDebbie