separated at birth.

sandy

it’s been a very long while since i’ve posted a separated at birth, but i’ve had several hints that they’ve been missed and that’s so nice to hear. i love putting these together — they’re challenging and they take some time, but i get a lot of creative pleasure from the process. so, here you go — we’re celebrating separated at birth once again — i hope you enjoy.

david-bowie

Atriumhaus Händelallee and david bowie.

angelica-huston

design*sponge and anjelica huston.

mick jagger and davide lovatti photography.

shabby chic and paul mc cartney.

• top image olivia newton john aka, sandy and rue magazine.

Comments
22 Responses to “separated at birth.”
  1. Joanna says:

Elegant and cool, great feature!

2. That must taken you much time, but the result is rewarding indeed. My favorite is the Newton’s one. I feel a match due to my curly hair. Also curly hair can look like a bird’s nest too. That a hint for a future “separated at birth” ;)

tsiou, from  In Whirl of Inspiration

3. Danielle says:

I love these.

I had a discussion with a friend recently about Mick Jagger. It’s subjective, but I maintain that Mick was really appealing when he was young (my pal disagrees). I think that picture you posted here might prove my point though.

4. Betsy says:

I glanced at my screen without reading the title and had a little intake of breath! I knew it had to be a Separated at Birth post. What a beautiful collection. I particularly love the Anjelica Houston and Design Sponge separated at birth. The lines of the pillows remind me of Angelica’s personality. Thank you!

5. amanda says:

this series is hysterical and i love it. you are so dead on with these.

amanda
    we are following along with you, check us out? follow us back?

6. sue says:

ok, that first photo cracked me right up! hilarious!!!

7. Joanna says:

Yay! I love these. Thanks for bringing it back!

8. I absolutely love your separated at birth always have. I wish you would do more of them they continue to be my favorite.

9. lynzey says:

LOVE! I’m glad you brought this back (and I hope it becomes a permanent feature). :)

10. victoria says:

THANKS for the warm welcome back. I will be doing these as a regular feature for sure. I’ve missed doing them. :)

11. Tricia says:

Why does Mick look so perfectly hot in every picture? He is the epitome of cool.

12. Nashvilledeb says:

Love, love, love Separated at Birth and boy, have it missed it too! You read my mind Victoria!

13. Cathy Jean says:

You are so good at this. I mean really good. You would make a great magazine editor but better than that, what these separated at birth’ really conjure is not a separation per-day but this “subliminal-connection” where we get to connect the dots. So you are more of a seer really when you do these! Love them.

14. Melanie says:

YES! I love these. They’re so creative and so much fun.

15. Latrina says:

I love this column! So clever… and always dead-on, too. :)

How did the idea for such a unique column originate??

16. look see says:

Oh I love this series so much! Really chuffed to see it’s back! :)

17. Est Magazine says:

Very funny post. Sometimes these things are so obvious but it takes another to point it out.

18. Hooray, I’m so glad this column was reborn!

19. GOSIA says:

oh gosh i just love “sab” series of yours. this is seriously one of the best in the whole blogasphere – I’M SO GLAD IT’S BACK:)!!!!

20. Jutta says:

Haha, love them, especially the first couple!